Merry Christmas from The Mighty BFG

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BFG 9000, Dec 8, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seasons Greetings One & All.

I have a Christmas Present for you ................

Basically, it's a relatively simple way to save yourselves upto 15% on anything you buy from

You'll need 2 email addresses (if you need a second one let me know & I'll sort you out with a free one or you could try hotmail).

What you need to do is to sign up as an Amazon affiliate - they call it an Associate.

Then, when you feel the need to buy some thing (present for the wife, someone elses wife etc.), just create a link to the item that you want with your own associate id on the end & you will earn cash - cold hard cash.

So, presuming you were going to buy Good C.O. a copy of "Dad's Army the complete scripts" -

First you need to find the 'ASIN' for the book this is a unique 10 digit ID for every product Amazon sell - you'll see it in the address bar and in the 'more product details' section on the product page. in this case it is 0752860240 as you can see on the following page:-

You would then create a link like the one below

You can do this very easily using copy & paste. Then simply chuck it in your address bar, click on 'add to shopping basket' & Bob's your uncle 15% back from Amazon as soon as they ship your order.

The reason you need two email addresses is that they use the same database to log associates & customers.

If anyone can't be arrsed to set up an Affiliates/Associates account then feel free to use the id below :-

TTFN & Merry Chrimbo

2. Cheers for that mate.

Couple of questions.

Is it legal?
    If not, is it traceable?

3. Absolutely - if they really want to fight it, send me your links & I'll put them in HUGE 48 pt type on a web page.

4. Supplemental

OK, so if YOU are the associate, YOU can't buy the goods - It doesn't say that your other half (or other personality) can't buy the goods.

So it may be best to use two addresses as well as two emails.

Supplemental ends.
  5. Supplemental 2

It Really does work :)

just 7p short of what I spent with

Supplemental 2 ends

6. Good on ya mate, I'll give it a go.

Only trouble is, I'll need to find someone that can read!