Merrell Walking Shoes

Need a new pair of Merrell Walking shoes for upcoming French holiday.
Some walking,mostly up to 5 miles around the port & town, as don't take taxi's
Current ones are good 10 years old and falling apart.

Any good offers on anywhere & happy to buy online

I've found Decathlon own brand stuff good too - and considerably cheaper than a 'name'. I have access to 4 stores, including a HUGE one in Malaga. Top tip - look for the last year models if you want to save even more - usually orange stickered.

Try wiggle I bought a pair Berghaus ft 18's yesterday was £40 cheaper than go outdoors and got another £10 discount for being a new customer.

Don't forget Forces Discount Card, often get 15% discount on outdoor gear.

I bought a pair of Merrel walking boots from Prisma (ordinary department store here in Finland) a couple of summers ago, they barely lasted one summer of light use, also they were never really watertight and incredibly slippery as soon as frosty weather came in the autumn.
They were followed by a pair of Haix... that have had slightly harder use and don't as yet really show much sign of wear, if any really.

I bought a pair of Merrel walking boots from Prisma (ordinary department store here in Finland) a couple of summers ago, they barely lasted one summer of light use, also they were never really watertight and incredibly slippery as soon as frosty weather came in the autumn.
They were followed by a pair of Haix... that have had slightly harder use and don't as yet really show much sign of wear, if any really.
I have also found that their quality has gone downhill, I had a pair a couple of years ago that squeaked, I took them back to Go Outdoors and got them replaced. The replacement pair wore out in nine months of dog walking, they were never waterproof.
The chap in Go Outdoors reckoned that Meindl were the best now for people with Merrell shaped feet.

I find Merrell overpriced for the quality.

Try something else e.g. Grisport, mountain Warehouse "field" brand - Vibram soles

Brasher, Jack Wolfskin, overpriced.
Karrimor - you get what you pay for the cheap ones are cheap for a reason!

I have a pair of Grisport Dartmoor which are about £65 - leather, waterproof, Vibram sole. I'm on my 2nd pair which get regular use

I find Merrell overpriced for the quality.

Try something else e.g. Grisport, mountain Warehouse "field" brand - Vibram soles

Brasher, Jack Wolfskin, overpriced.
Karrimor - you get what you pay for the cheap ones are cheap for a reason!

I have a pair of Grisport Dartmoor which are about £65 - leather, waterproof, Vibram sole. I'm on my 2nd pair which get regular use
Snap.

I grabbed Merrell Moab's a couple of times to make do when I did'nt have decent trekking boots with me, for the short time I had them I was happy. I would not want to wear them for serious long term trekking but, for light weekend strolls they are good enough.

I prefer the Lowa* boots, cost a tad more but, better built and last much, much, longer - shop around and the price difference starts to close in on itself.

Note: Meindl and Haix just as good as Lowa.

No apologies for banging the Inov8 drum, again. Lightweight, good grip, fits and as comfortable as a glove. I've done a few Munros wearing them. They are fell running shoes, but you don't have to, and I don't, run in them. Feck, it takes me a' my time to walk up the fecking hills!

I've also done a couple of Munros in Keen sandals. They were the heavy duty ones. They also do light weight ones, which I find very comfortable. To save me putting on leg dress with my kilt in the summer, I'll quite often just wear the lightweight Keens, calling them my "dress" sandals.

Another source is....Source. An Israel company which I've used for a number of years. They have a green dot on the sole, and if that is still intact when something else, stitching strap etc goes, they'll replace it. Well they used to. I bought another pair a year or so ago which still had the green dot on the sole.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FORMER_FYRDMAN Travel 28
Eyebrows of Doom The NAAFI Bar 889
robbo833 Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 13