Merlin HC3 v MRH 90 (Australia)

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Red_Dragon, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not being much in the heli world whats the difference???
    Probably should explain further, going for a job with the Mob who make MRH90 and comparing the competition, Westland v Areospace - although both have roots links with Augusta. They look pretty dam similar to me.
    Yes I've googled.
  2. Merlins bigger, you going for the milan job then? Apparently it isn't as good as it sounds, digs well away from site and you have to sort out your own transport and pay for it.
  3. No mate, I de-mobbed about a year ago and I'm interviewing for a job with Aus Aerospace in Brisbane, just doing a bit of background research.
  4. Merlin is larger (15t) and has 3 engines, 5 blades. External lift ~ 5,000kg.

MRH/NH-90 is smaller in the ~10t class (ie. blackhawk, big-puma). Only 2 engines, 4 blades. External lift ~ 4,000kg

They both look similar due to the rear ramps. An ATV can roll off the back of the NH-90 (link).

Both helicopters use the same engines.

You could say the NH-90 is more Euro than Anglo. Also, lots of commonality with the (ARH) Tiger gunship.
    MRH-90 vs. BH purchase? see: link
  5. R-D

Check Pm's - hope the info helps with interview

6. Thanks for the PMs and info, interview seemed to go well, now its a case of wait out. Cheers.