Merged: Threads about the MPs facing prosecution

Sky News

Like the way their barrister asked for them not to have to stand in the dock but sit outside it and the judge refused the request.

Hope they get well and truely nailed for it.

Edited for PCness

And there should be more to follow. but the "Honourable Members" will look after themselves.

Mind you, if they were "Honourable" they would plead guilty!- oh, and where is Uddin? Is Cohen going to be the smokescreen that allows her to slip away?

Elliot Morley is a fat knacker - he actually "looks" corrupt!

RoyogtheRovers said:
Itll be a Slap on the wrist, possibly forfeit all or part of their resettlement grant when it should be jail.
Wouldn't bet on it. We'll have a Tory government by sentencing time so there will be no political pressure on the judge to be lenient. Nice to see the case being referred up to a judge with a larger wig.

Hope they're refilling the KY dispensers in the Jeffrey Archer suite at Belmarsh. Is it true that kit issue on arrival in prison includes a packet of Durex Super Strong condoms?

:twisted:

What happened to the thieving Tory peer? Did he give it the 'do you know who I am' routine too?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Let's see if the High Court Judge will confirm that which is already quite clearly laid out in the constitution. This being that Parliamentary Privilege only extends to matters of libel and no further.

Biped said:
Let's see if the High Court Judge will confirm that which is already quite clearly laid out in the constitution. This being that Parliamentary Privilege only extends to matters of libel and no further.
I think that's why the judge has kicked the case upstairs to give greater authority to any decision made and cut down on the appeal process.

Ancient_Mariner said:
What happened to the thieving Tory peer? Did he give it the 'do you know who I am' routine too?
Lord Warwick I presume - how the hell he hasn't been prosecuted is beyond me.

Do we know who's funding the thieving basterds defence... the higher up it goes the more expensive it becomes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've all got access to some other Parliamentary slush fund to meet the costs.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
RoyogtheRovers said:
They are going to get legal aid for the next part as well!
I sincerely fcuking hope not. They have bl00dy good incomes, they are loaded, with more than one property each, so why the hell should they get legal aid? That's only intended for the poor!

They should be made to sell their second homes to fund their own legal costs! After all, it's supposed to be a consitutional question, and those houses were paid for through the constitutional system!

I was considering putting their names in 'Dead Pool 2010'. Well one of them might do the decent thing.

Biped said:
RoyogtheRovers said:
They are going to get legal aid for the next part as well!
I sincerely fcuking hope not. They have bl00dy good incomes, they are loaded, with more than one property each, so why the hell should they get legal aid? That's only intended for the poor!

They should be made to walk naked out of their homes covered in bacon and fed to a baying pack of dangerous dogs.
Fixed it for you.

By the way - why is the thread title not Thieving Labour MPs and Thieving Tory peer deny charges?

sniper_bob said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

Do we know who's funding the thieving basterds defence... the higher up it goes the more expensive it becomes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've all got access to some other Parliamentary slush fund to meet the costs.
My bold - Cherie might do it as a freebie. In the name of charidee and all that......

I think their defence will include "established precedent". There will still be many in both Houses very worried. Someone is sitting on an awful lot of dirt. This saga started with a "leak" and there's probably more to come.

Markintime said:
Can you claim a goal cell as your second home?
It depends which team you play for. :D

This will all be quietly pulled under the surface and far from facing seven years or so porridge, they'll be fined £7.50 apiece and told not to do it again.

MsG

Alec_Lomas said:
sniper_bob said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

My bold - Cherie might do it as a freebie. In the name of charidee and all that......
Cherie do something as a freebie - you're having a laugh.

The only thing she has been known to do for free is the occassional train journey and a supermarket trolley dash. Anything else she charges for - why do you think Tone needs so much hard cash?