Merged: Threads about the MPs facing prosecution

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Weeping_Angel, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky News

Like the way their barrister asked for them not to have to stand in the dock but sit outside it and the judge refused the request.

Hope they get well and truely nailed for it.

Edited for PCness
  2. Yeah,cos that's going to happen.
  3. Itll be a Slap on the wrist, possibly forfeit all or part of their resettlement grant when it should be jail.
  4. And there should be more to follow. but the "Honourable Members" will look after themselves.

Mind you, if they were "Honourable" they would plead guilty!- oh, and where is Uddin? Is Cohen going to be the smokescreen that allows her to slip away?
  5. Elliot Morley is a fat knacker - he actually "looks" corrupt!
  6. Wouldn't bet on it. We'll have a Tory government by sentencing time so there will be no political pressure on the judge to be lenient. Nice to see the case being referred up to a judge with a larger wig.

Hope they're refilling the KY dispensers in the Jeffrey Archer suite at Belmarsh. Is it true that kit issue on arrival in prison includes a packet of Durex Super Strong condoms?

What happened to the thieving Tory peer? Did he give it the 'do you know who I am' routine too?
  7. I'm not sure that's still an offence, though perhaps it should be.

Can you claim a goal cell as your second home?
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Let's see if the High Court Judge will confirm that which is already quite clearly laid out in the constitution. This being that Parliamentary Privilege only extends to matters of libel and no further.
  9. I think that's why the judge has kicked the case upstairs to give greater authority to any decision made and cut down on the appeal process.
  10. They are going to get legal aid for the next part as well!
  11. Lord Warwick I presume - how the hell he hasn't been prosecuted is beyond me.

Do we know who's funding the thieving basterds defence... the higher up it goes the more expensive it becomes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've all got access to some other Parliamentary slush fund to meet the costs.
  12. That's sickening.
  13. If that is so, then what does Bliar and Broon look like?
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I sincerely fcuking hope not. They have bl00dy good incomes, they are loaded, with more than one property each, so why the hell should they get legal aid? That's only intended for the poor!

They should be made to sell their second homes to fund their own legal costs! After all, it's supposed to be a consitutional question, and those houses were paid for through the constitutional system!
  15. I was considering putting their names in 'Dead Pool 2010'. Well one of them might do the decent thing.