Merged Libya threads

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Feb 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not surprising in the least. It will be interesting to see how the political map of North Africa and the Middle East looks in 6 months time though.
  2. YouTube - ‫

What I have read this morning is that foreign mercs are doing the killing, the Army are torn.

Have to say that I do not know whether this is Libya or Tunisia.

Is that a Brit landy?
  3. Puts kettling into perspective !!!
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its the way that the dictatorial regimes and their western backers are trying to blame it on islamism - they are sectarian in nature as the people have had enough of western interference and oil based war mongering.

the shah went the other way and blamed communism
  5. I am often wrong, but that looks like a Santana
  6. Whatever it is it has a Tunisian flag on it.

7. Think the flag on the Land Rover is Tunisian?
  8. Car loss?.....
  9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Posted 13 Jan, so probably Tunisia.
  10. good, all protesters should be lined up against the wall and shot! especially the ones with long hair!
  11. Latest from Auntie Beeb is that the death toll among the protesters is now over 100.
  12. I agree, it's possible that we may be approaching a tipping point of sorts for regimes across the mid-east now that Libyans and Iranians have taken to the streets. These are arguably the two most repressive regimes in the region. It will be interesting to see what happens next in say Syria or Saudi Arabia (both equally equally repressive/reactionary) or even Jordan, one of the more 'enlightened' mid-east countries. Personally, I am not expecting much to happen in any of these, though they all have the same underlying problems; a very young population, high youth unemployment, corruption etc.

I did see a single report in the BBC earlier this week that there had even been protests in the Kurdish region of northern Iraq, but nothing more about that since.
  13. I wonder will Tony Blair take a trip down there now to give Daffy duck another hug in a tent?

PS it take's some balls to still come out on the streets when all you have is rocks facing goons with MG's and sniper rifles shooting from helicopters..