Mercenaries 2

Just a heads-up. If anybody ever feels like buying Mercenaries 2: World In Flames. Don't. It's a total fcuking waste of 40 quid. Absolute shite.

Rant over.

Really??? Damn! I was told that it was gonna be excellent. I took a look at the gameplay, and wasn't happy with what I saw. Thanks for the heads up.

W

wevers

Just saved me some cash...cheers..however I have now just bought Call of Duty 3 on the PS3 for £15 from Play.com

Saved me from getting it, cheers!

It looked shit on the back of the box, which is why I hadn't bought it already.

Can you give a more in depth view into its shortcomings?

The first one was very good i thought.

instinct said:
Can you give a more in depth view into its shortcomings?

The first one was very good i thought.
Yeah, the first one was pretty good and I was expecting a damn good game in the sequel but out of 10 I'd give it a four. Vehicles are damn unresponsive, you crash into a small piddling bush and end up losing 99% of your health. In short, it's shallow and full of blips. Another sore point is if you pause the game sometimes, the fcuking thing won't 'un-pause' and its completely frozen, hence having to re-start. Granted, some of the missile strikes are pretty awesome but thats about it really.

Mr Happy

LE
Ritch said:
Just a heads-up. If anybody ever feels like buying Mercenaries 2: World In Flames. Don't. It's a total fcuking waste of 40 quid. Absolute shite.

Rant over.
I've got it on the PS3 and I have to say its very good. Completely open architecture on the vs Machine version. Better than 6 Vegas, COD3 and Time'. :D

I can't tell you about online though as I've not managed to join a game yet... :evil:

Borrowed it off my mate it was shit,the first one was ok and the graphics were better and it was on PS2!

Mr Happy

LE
Despite the comments, I played Merc 2 last night for several hours and have to say, I still like it. None of the issues mentioned earlier on the PS3 and I am enjoying the game. I didn't bother to try online again though.

But dont you think the driving is crap, the controlls for your support are a bit awkward to pull off under fire, gets a bit repetative. Maybe just me getting fed up of shooters as thats all that seems to be released these days.

Mr Happy

LE
carlbcfc said:
But dont you think the driving is crap, the controlls for your support are a bit awkward to pull off under fire, gets a bit repetative. Maybe just me getting fed up of shooters as thats all that seems to be released these days.
I'm not finding that..

The bike is a bit tricky to drive
The cars and jeeps are fine especially with a tap on the handbrake
The hele is the easiest I've seen in a long time
The armour is, well, armour. I expect it to be slow and cumbersome.

What I like is the VAST range of indirect fire to call upon (at my current level I have Firemissions and 500lb airstrikes - at the top end I saw Daisy Cutter's are available !!!

I like the fact that shooting in anything other than bursts makes it tricky to hit your opponent, meaning none of that headshot all the time rubbish. I like the fact that there are millions of AK's but few "western weapons" making them prized.

I like the fact that there are factions that exist despite your influence so you can drive into the middle of a fire fight receiving fire from both sides. I like the fact that I can move around the battlefield and engage in mini missions to up my level of skill or kit outside of my main mission.

I like it. Not regretting my cash down.

Once I have finished it and I try for the online games and it doesn't work though, then I will be less than happy.

anyone heard anything of operation flashpoint 2?