Mercenaries 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Ritch, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a heads-up. If anybody ever feels like buying Mercenaries 2: World In Flames. Don't. It's a total fcuking waste of 40 quid. Absolute shite.

Rant over.

2. Really??? Damn! I was told that it was gonna be excellent. I took a look at the gameplay, and wasn't happy with what I saw. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Just saved me some cash...cheers..however I have now just bought Call of Duty 3 on the PS3 for £15 from Play.com

4. Saved me from getting it, cheers!

It looked shit on the back of the box, which is why I hadn't bought it already.

5. Can you give a more in depth view into its shortcomings?

The first one was very good i thought.

6. Yeah, the first one was pretty good and I was expecting a damn good game in the sequel but out of 10 I'd give it a four. Vehicles are damn unresponsive, you crash into a small piddling bush and end up losing 99% of your health. In short, it's shallow and full of blips. Another sore point is if you pause the game sometimes, the fcuking thing won't 'un-pause' and its completely frozen, hence having to re-start. Granted, some of the missile strikes are pretty awesome but thats about it really.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I've got it on the PS3 and I have to say its very good. Completely open architecture on the vs Machine version. Better than 6 Vegas, COD3 and Time'. :D

I can't tell you about online though as I've not managed to join a game yet... :evil:

8. Its repetative...got nothing on Battlefield Bad Company or COD 4....will be trading it in for Brothers in Arms friday

9. Just wait out for COD:WW out in November. Looks shit hot; you can climb trees, control vehicles, and play the story-line in an online co-op mode.

10. Borrowed it off my mate it was shit,the first one was ok and the graphics were better and it was on PS2!

11. the first one was awesome.

12. some good games coming out soon....inc FIFA 09..

13. get out..

14. :? :? :?

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Well my first guess is that Callum is wittering on about some fooking homosexual sport featuring over paid nancy boys on a thread largely devoted to first player shoot em ups.

Of course, not all gays are footballers but....