Mercedes takes ownership of Brawn

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by uk_numpty, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Button could now be on his way to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
    For more click HERE
  2. If true, that could be pretty fecking awesome :D
  3. Didn't see that one coming.
  4. Well dip me in chocolate sauce and split my banana! That came outta left field. I wonder how Lewis feels about that? A good move on behalf of Jensen, not least for the money. Am i right in assuming that Brawn had no new car lined up and were struggling to test for the upcoming season? Button might well be right about McLaren having the more competetive car. Hmmmm, suddenly beginning to relish the new season.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

The Maclaren-Merc livery has always looked good but an all-silver Merc on the grid... that would look awesome.

as for lewis, this is partially a message to his dad to shut the f*** up and sit down... if the rumbles heard from the pitlane are true.

6. His dad is running around thinking he is quite a bigwig in formula 1 these days, seemingly a lot of people aren't happy with him and his attitude.

But to the actual story, seems a good deal all round, it allows Brawn to reduce his risk and make a hefty profit, while still being able to work, the man is in huge demand and shown that he can do it with a huge budget or a small one, i do hope though that it's kept fair and square with regards to technology and support.
  7. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Mac - can you quantify that about Anthony Hamilton. Is there really a public spat brewing between the team and Lewis' management?

As to the Lewis - Jenson combo - that will be really good if McLaren are able to field a car early on that is truly competitive.

My prediction - look out for Nico Rosberg next year.

In the mix for early championship points on the assumption that the quality of cars at the end of 2009 is where they are at the start of 2010:

All the makings of some great racing.