Mercedes Makes an Invisible Car

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Mar 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is, apparently, 'kosher'.

I think we'll be seeing more of this sort of technology being used. Coming soon to an AFV near you?
  2. Most cars built since the 80's are invisable to me. Eurobox crap CAD killed design.
  3. I have an invisible car too - at least it seems so from the total disregard for safety distances of some of the poxy drivers around here.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Of course it's Kosker, how can it not be? Are you one of those permanent sceptics?

They've been trialling this sort of stuff on AFVs for ages. Though it makes no odds if you can't beat TI sights.

There's a thread on arrse somewhere where a company has been developing this for war fighting. It looks quite good .
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Bah. There's people in North Shields making cars go invisible on a daily basis. Have been for years.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mine went invisible from South Shields
  7. Exactly. The people in North Shields made it happen. They're not gonna remove their own cars are they?
  8. All you need to do is adopt the technology used by bike manufacturers for years. "Sorry mate I didnt see you" is the most common excuse for car drivers pulling out on bikers.
  9. But you're not bitter, get over it.
  10. PA, I am not bitter; it was said as a joke (the best jokes have a basis in fact).
  11. Right on the button there...
  12. This has been researched for years, they already are putting it on AFVs...but I think ships are a bit optimistic.

BAE makes it a bit more advanced and adaptable.
  13. So apart from speeding past schools, jumping red lights, hit and run, drive by shootings, free car parking, no speeding tickets, shagging a whore whilst parked outside a police station, what is the point of an invisible car, i frequently forget where I park the fooker on anyway, if it were invisible I would be fooked!
  14. Not necessarily. Cam can't beat TI sights either, but we use that a lot.
  15. So the only thing visible on that car are the wheels. Bit of a reversal from what you see on the streets in Liverpool.