Mercedes F1/Kingspan deal ended

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, can you expand on that? I don't understand what you're saying.
I mean that rapid action when it’s all going wrong is often the best way - in many circumstances:

The second reference is about, for whatever reason, not understanding the reality of your situation…

Totally Agree, Kingspan made the stuff and gave the correct specifications for the cladding. They are not there to police who buys it and sticks it on a council run human battery farm.
No, that would have been the local planning office and the LFB fire safety officers, yes? Or would have been if Labour had not watered down fire regulations. At least that is my understanding of the matter.
Both parties line their mates pockets, it is just nauseating when the one in opposition plays the righteous outrage card.
How much did the rivets cost in the making of the Millennium Dome ?
Whose mate in Blair's old chambers got the well paid job of heading up the project, because barristers are top banana engineers, aren't they?
When the Aylesbury Estate in Southwark (which had the highest crime rate in the EU, which in itself is ironic as in 1964 it was a jewel in the crown of Labours* social vision of the future) was pledged six million for long overdue repairs by Tony Blair, he assigned a consultant to report on everything that needed doing, and that consultants fee for the report was.... six million.

*Back then, Labour MPs generally had the working class interests to heart, ie, it wasn't just trotted out and spun up when elections loomed.

Anyway, rant over.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No, that would have been the local planning office and the LFB fire safety officers, yes? Or would have been if Labour had not watered down fire regulations. At least that is my understanding of the matter.
Both parties line their mates pockets, it is just nauseating when the one in opposition plays the righteous outrage card.
How much did the rivets cost in the making of the Millennium Dome ?
Whose mate in Blair's old chambers got the well paid job of heading up the project, because barristers are top banana engineers, aren't they?
When the Aylesbury Estate in Southwark (which had the highest crime rate in the EU, which in itself is ironic as in 1964 it was a jewel in the crown of Labours* social vision of the future) was pledged six million for long overdue repairs by Tony Blair, he assigned a consultant to report on everything that needed doing, and that consultants fee for the report was.... six million.

*Labour MPs generally had the working class interests to heart, ie, it wasn't just trotted out and spun up when elections loomed.

Anyway, rant over.
But I remember when Grenfell happened. It was specifically Theresa May’s fault. Labour said so.

I can’t imagine that they were trying to divert from who watered down the regs…

But I remember when Grenfell happened. It was specifically Theresa May’s fault. Labour said so.

I can’t imagine that they were trying to divert from who watered down the regs…
Which leaves me with a little bit of a moral quandary, because the copper inside me believes that anyone who dislikes Theresa May cannot be all bad. :scratch:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m surprised at Mercedes lack of due diligence on this. I would have thought they would vet potential sponsors very closely.
Or maybe Mercedes wasn't anticipating how some people are waiting to pounce on certain organisations.

That's pretty much the point of my original post, not this debacle per se.

Latest Threads