MEPs Con tricks published

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you thought the institutional con artistry over funding in UK Parliament bad, the European Parliament is something else!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7280032.stm

Here's a summary of the leaked report itself

http://www.paulvanbuitenen.nl/download/actualiteit/20080304_Summary_EP_Audit_report_06-02.pdf

Note this one area alone accounts for 10% of the annual budget of the entire European Parliament. It's not regulated, no guidance is given and anyone at all can be brought in as an assistant.

It essentially amounts to a free license to spend circa £11,855 a month on anyone you like, without ever justifying existence or their work.

I think I'm going to become an MEP tomorrow...

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My blood was boiling by page 3. The gravy train is overflowing there.

[​IMG]

3. Yes, sorry about that Ord Sgt dear chap, I should have put out a general health warning before the links ;)

Could you imagine if one whole tenth of our entire nations annual taxes was punted into the handbag's of MPs fancy pieces?

Hang on....?

4. I know some people are pro-EU because of some idealistic vision they have in their head about it. How they can believe these corrupt f*ckers could ever create something democratic is beyond me.

5. Wouldn't it be lovely to work in a place where, if your boss gets fired, you get a bonus?

6. Woes the pity that these particular caants are not suited to it (wanting the seat of power and all that) but few others dare take up the mantle.

This leak at least demonstrates that there is some who dwell among them who find the scruples and morals drawn into question.

Were that it more a common theme when it comes to employing our finance to their gains.

Are they that dumb that they think they'll escape criminality?

Don't answer that ;)

7. Is Niel Kinnock still minister for Investigating Corruption in the EU ?
    john
    No prosecutions in his term.

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Actually it is 1.045%

Just imagine if our MP's/government were subjected to an independant audit in the same way....I wonder what would turn up then?

Just imagine if our military were subjected to an independant audit in the same way....I wonder what would turn up then?

Just imagine if all our companies were subjected to an independant audit in the same way....I wonder what would turn up then?

It may not be morally right, but it is human nature to try and gain if the rules allow it - and there probably comes a point where the cost of making and enforcing more rules becomes uneconomic.

I suggest a new Spanish Inquisition to the replace the EU Court of Auditors - to be headed by Micheal Palin, red clokes obligatory....