Mentor job in Kabul

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Throbbin Hood, Apr 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2. Be sure to pack some OpSec!! Mong

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kabul has everything you could possibly want. It is a mincing posting for gays and mongs.

4. Sun, scenery, cheap and smelly dinks to ride and a lush river to bathe in....

5. Don't they teach soldiers anything about personal or operational security any more? I can imagine you before D-Day, gobbing off to all and sundry about your timings for hitting Juno beach.

Make sure you pack some gaffer tape to put over your gob so you don't tell Terry Taliban all the top secret info.

6. What has he just said there that breaches security? I think i seen a article some where and believe the world already knows we are in Afgan.

7. Go back to bed you fucking weeping lemon .... In fact go trawl facebook for the hundreds of people you could give a telling off to because they announced their impending deployment to their family and friends.

Taliban dickers are going to be working overtime in down town Kabul looking out for a bloke called throbbing hood from internetshire

• Like Like x 3
  8. Where he's going within theatre and what job to do!

It's not hard to find out who people really are on this forum, as has been shown in the past, so should someone wish too it'd be easy enough to find out which Unit he's with!

The whole world knew we were in NI, but it didn't stop HM Forces being briefed not to go about jabbering about specific taskings in pubs incase the wrong person overheard. It's a similar brief now, but says don't go putting it on the Internet as well!

9. Mentoring in Kabul, British soldier..

Hardly big news is it ? Go on then I.d. If it's that easy?

10. If i put "Hey i am deploying to Bastion as a storeman. Anyone know what the wifi is like?" Nobody would give a shit. He has not said when he is going and all his flight details. Beens that he has made one post you would have to be some kind of ninja to I.D him.

Fair enough thats your opnion.

11. I bet all the articles and TV documentaries that have featured "mentoring" teams might have given the game away long before this post. I wonder just how many British soldiers are deploying to Kabul at some unspecified point in the future to work on mentoring teams? Bet its more than 1

12. I didn't say I can do it! Just that others have found it easy. I'm a Mong when it comes to computers.

Edited to add: If anyone can help me by telling ne how I stop e-mails to tell me each time someone has posted in threads I've posted in, then I'd be obliged.

13. ..Bore off.

14. you just got mail

15. Bet the poor sod's really glad he came on here looking for some advice