Menton Day Ball 2010

Discussion in 'US' started by Trip_Wire, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Menton Week:

Most every year the 1st SFG(A) celebrates Menton Week with the Culmination of the week being the Menton day Ball. The US Army Special Forces Regiment's linage includes the First Special Service Force. (FSSF) a Canadian/American unit widely known as the 'Devils Brigade.' The FSSF was deactivated on 05 December 1944. We in SF celebrate along with the Canadian SF this occasion every year.

During the week both American and Canadian SF units conduct shooting, sports and parachuting events during that week on Ft. Lewis, WA with the 'Ball' usually held off post at the Tacoma, WA visitors center.

All Retiree's & Veterans from the US FSSF, SF and Canadian SF are welcome to attend any of the events accept the combined jumps.

I did attend the Menton Day Ball and will post some pictures I took at the Ball.

Attached Files:

2. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Next Pic! All attendees were presented with this beer glass!

Attached Files:

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

A FSSF Veteran and his Spouse!

Attached Files:

4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

A picture of (L-R) Myself (SFA,) A CPT from the Canadian 1st Special Operations Company, Canadian Special Operations Regiment and a Special Forces Assn. Vietnam Veteran.

(BTW: I always ware a SF Green Bow tie & Cummerbund with my Tux on these occasions. It is a 'Black' tie event.)

Attached Files: