Mente et Manu - Galloping old Bandsmen

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Tremaine, Dec 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon one and all, compliments of the season, and all that nonsense. Reminiscing , been at the Sherry and boring present company with this : The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars Band Reunion 2011 - YouTube Sentimental claptrap? too right.

Any old boys/girls out there that will know these reprobates in the video? Some of them would have marched on the grass outside the band block on a summer's day all done up in their blues.

Nearly karked it when one of them popped up, didn't know he was still with us. And spotted George too.
    Fondly remembered here. The Colonel gave me a lift in his old jalopy up to the Mess once, in the pouring rain. The only fondly remembered posting of my service and I look back with pride.

Paderborn, great posting and great times with those cowboys. Probably the finest young officers (gentlemen one and all) of my generation including one Captain of Royal association, later turning to exploration and mentioned in Fiennes' books.

They produced a Commandant, Maj Generals, Brigadiers and several memorable characters: Dazzler, Pinky, Bogie, and more.

Hic, dusty in here, hic , take no notice and carry on. Never did find out what happened to Les the Mess pianist and runner.

I'm a soldier in the Queen's Army
    I'm galloping Queen's Hussar
    I've sailed the ocean wide and blue,
    I'm a chap who knows a thing or two,
    Been in many a tight corner,
    Shown the enemy who we are,
    I can ride a horse, hic
    Go on a spree, or sing a comic song,
    And that denotes a Queen's Hussar!

Apologies ,hic and Happy New Year you old fcukers and you young uns. Stop falling out and drink to one another.
    Best years of your life, have to go now HiD

2. Cheers!

Happy Christmas!

3. Cheers BB. Been a sort of row after I helpfully and generously put the Laptop on the big TV, not appreciated with those philistines
    and shouldn't have bothered by all accounts. Laptops been hidden til I can" behave". What better for Boxing Day
    than a rousing Band performance ? That's right: none. Well said and I'm sure you''ll go far.
    Anyway HiD has the TV for some film with Opera and poncy Victorian drivel, I am pleased to say I have control of the bedroom PC.

With speakers .

Altogether now sing up at the back

I'm a soldier in the Queen's Army
    I'm galloping Queen's Hussar
    I've sailed the ocean wide and blue,
    I'm a chap who knows a thing or two,
    Been in many a tight corner,
    Shown the enemy who we are,
    I can ride a horse, hic
    Go on a spree, or sing a comic song,
    And that denotes a Queen's Hussar!