Hello I was not sure which forum to put this on.I am looking for information on the fitnesd side of it as a healthy but unfit female and the financial aid which is given as well as the actual role and life as a soldier mental health nurse.
I am currently at sixth form studying sociology,English language,health and social care diploma.I originally wanted to be a social worker but have now realised the army is where i can help the most.
I want to be a mental health nurse and recieve my education through the army.
I am looking for any advice or experience to be shared as i have struggled to find stories from the actual profession.
Thank you for any advice it is appreciated.

slick

LE
Not sure if you have been on the website but most of the information is on there regarding training and fitness.... Link

Fitness:
  • Mid Thigh Pull 50kg
  • Medicine Ball Throw 2.7m
  • 2km run 12m
  • MSFT (beep test) level 5.8

JOIN AS A STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH NURSE​

We also train our own Mental Health Nurses. You will complete a 3-year degree programme that will give you professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You will be well supported by military and civilian University staff at the Defence School of Healthcare Education within Birmingham City University and will then be employed as a Registered Nurse by the Army. After successful completion of your Student Nurse training you will wear the rank of Acting Corporal. Once you are registered as a Mental Health Nurse you will be assigned to a Department of Community Mental Health (DCMH) where you will be gradually exposed to mental health case loads and will be provided mentorship during this phase.

Training
Step 1
- You join the Army as a Soldier and complete Phase 1 Training prior to starting your university course.

Step 2 - You then complete a short Transition to Military Practice Course, after which you will be assigned to a Department of Community Mental Health (DCMH) to gradually increase your mental health case load and begin life as an Army Nurse.
STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH NURSE: Earn £14,931 during initial training. During your time at university you will be paid up to £21,409 each year. Upon qualification and first posting your pay will rise to £32,076.

Latest Threads