Mental Aptitude Tests

Hello all I've just passed my initial interview and continuing with practicing my mental arithmetic, etc.
I was wondering how much harder the numerical tests are compared to the practices or other psychometric tests?
I'm no stranger to these tests as I've completed many during my business studies A-level lessons and also passed the psychometric tests for Royal Marine Officer which had a similar layout, but are the Army mental aptitude tests more intellectually challenging for example I've heard as well as ratios, percentage and speed/distance/time questions there are more complex questions.
I would be very grateful from any information from someone who's actually completed these tests.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Alex, i've completed my briefing and achieved a rating of "above average" on the MAP tests. i studied GCSE maths and achieved an A but utterly failed at AS level (we were forced to do it a year early). with no revision whatsoever i passed the MAP tests. The numerical tests arent really difficult but they can be cumbersome with the information involved and the fact that it's all timed. From what I gathered from the candidates who scored poorly it was their speed that was the issue not the difficulty of the questions.

In effect you'll need to be able to understand the correct way to proceed to an answer speedily or you'll not succeed.

as for question content off the top of my head there are

pie charts
averages
graphs
differences
percentages

but it's all in real world situations so personally i'd just recommend a good level of common sense.

hope this helps.

I agree with the shark, it's all fairly basic stuff. It's just time pressure, no-one finishes the questions and if you get stuck you just move on to the next which might be easier. It also shows your not stubborn and can move on when you get stuck. Briefing isn't too difficult in terms of the maths, and they'll tell you clearly if you need to go and practice them. Main board is similar, perhaps slightly more difficult. I did no prep for either except some speed distance time calcs, type it into google there are plenty. get used to dividing 60 - you should be able to instantly see 12 is 1/5 of 60, 24 is 2/5 of 60 etc. It means you won't have to think about the sums and as the biggest pressure is time...it helps.