Mendonca to leave before they AGAI 67 him?

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by Von-Ryan, Jun 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All the regiment should go to the orderly room and sign off. These clowns at MOD are a disgrace to the forces.
  2. Disgracefull treatment doesnt even begin to cover it.
  3. "These clowns at MOD "

Nowt to do with MOD, blame the army prosecution side.
  4. We could do with him getting a job in one of the UKs prisons.

See if he can get some of the nations peados, murders and theives to beat themselves to death without recourse to the authorities in charge of them.
  5. Could Mrs. Mendonca define "failings of others"?

The failing of 'others' I see at the moment , is the failure to ensure that a prisoner didn't beat himself to death.
  6. Dunno the background, so can't comment on the case issues.

But - this does seem to raise the 'double jeopardy' issue, doesn't it? If he's been court martialled and found not guilty, is he still liable to be done again, or is his wife over-stating the case?

Any legal eagles know the rules re this sort of point?
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I wonder if, by the 'failings of others', he is suggesting that he was not as well supported as he might have been in the lead up to the Court Martial, Tim Collins-stylee.
  8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

And if a court martial and all the attendant investigations aren't an "internal disciplinary inquiry" what is it? It does smack of a determination to get him.
  9. I may be wrong but my understanding is that 'they' still have the option to 'punish' using administrative action rather than disciplinary.
    Ready to be corrected however......
  10. It certainly looks that way. If so, I can see how one could feel a bit 'hunted'. Wonder if he'll try taking the CoC to task via an employment tribunal?
  11. Surely a pretty significant failing?
  12. That's Colonel Tim Collins out, Mendonca out..... shades of Stalin's purging of the Soviet General Staff pre-1941.......must be a major conflict coming up so the regime has to purge competent officers :?
  13. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I didn't follow the whole case but I had assumed that that was what he was effectively charged with? And if he wasn't and they believe he did then why was he not charged?
  14. There is no double jeopardy. The criminal proceedings are at an end.

AGAI 67 can only result in administrative sanctions.

Any serving officer and soldier could be subject to both criminal proceedings and administrative action in the event on an alleged failing.

What is wrong about this is that it is now 4 years after the event and the matter still isn't resolved. That cannot be right.