Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poofs

• Trendy fashion conscious blokes

• Total voters
Earrings on men......

Large Elizabeth duke hoop ear-rings?

Diamond encrusted chandelier style things?

some types are definitely gay

I think it goes back to seafaring days when they had gold earrings to pay for burial when they died

I remember watching Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood. It was generally a second rate film but the one redeeming moment was when Eastwood tore an ear-ring out of a delinquent marine's earlobe.

Good drills.

only if you have your old fella look like a morning star

billc said:
I think it goes back to seafaring days when they had gold earrings to pay for burial when they died
Don't think so. Sailors used to be sewn up in a bit of canvas, weighted and thrown overboard. (Traditionally, the final stitch was through the nose. This was intended to make sure the individual was really dead.) The didn't have facilities to keep a body until they made landfall, except in special cases, such as Nelson, who was kept in a barrel of spirits.

I'm sure someone from Rum Ration can tell us more, but that is how I understand things to have been.

John_Charity_Spring said:
I remember watching Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood. It was generally a second rate film but the one redeeming moment was when Eastwood tore an ear-ring out of a delinquent marine's earlobe.
Exactly what I feel like doing every time I see one. :D

John_Charity_Spring said:

Good drills.
Or in Payback when Mel Gibson ripped a nose ring out of a drug dealers snout....

Erm, what decade are you all living in? Is this the sort of thing that gets discussed in the Mess?.. I may be wrong, but I think people stopped wearing earrings in the 80s 8O

Victorian_Major said:
Through the right ear - gay.
Through the left ear - drug dealer.
Through the nose - cattle.
Does all three make someone a gay drug dealing bull?

X-Crab said:
billc said:
Don't think so. Sailors used to be sewn up in a bit of canvas, weighted and thrown overboard. (Traditionally, the final stitch was through the nose. This was intended to make sure the individual was really dead.) The didn't have facilities to keep a body until they made landfall, except in special cases, such as Nelson, who was kept in a barrel of spirits.

I'm sure someone from Rum Ration can tell us more, but that is how I understand things to have been.
It was in case they were lost overboard/vessel sank - the gold was to pay whoever fished their body out of the drink to bury them. Specially if they had got a bit whiffy.

Pox_Dr said:
I find a Prince Albert goes down quite well,...............Mrs Pox Dr likes it anyway
and a pierced ear gives me somewhere to hang mine from.....

Civvy_Shot said:
X-Crab said:
billc said:

It was in case they were lost overboard/vessel sank - the gold was to pay whoever fished their body out of the drink to bury them. Specially if they had got a bit whiffy.
Hmmm. Sounds logical. I stand corrected. :D

poofs and pirates any one else looks a complete dick ed see a lot of grandads nowadays how sad does that look as for body piercing id love to see one of them walk under one of them scrapyard magnets

However sad and poofy looking earrings are on blokes what I can't get used to is seeing an earring on male toddlers. WFT is going on there. The nippers dad always seems to have one too to but then they are usually aged about 15.

Any bloke in his 30's with an earring needs to be smacked like the ageing chav he is.