• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Men Required for Film Work - Update

I work for a company called Universal Combat Limited who provide Tri-Service Military advice for the Entertainment and Film Industry. I have won two BAFTA's for my work in recent years.

The task is a boot camp to be held at Pinewood Studios, at 0800hrs on the 4th of Oct, this is designed that the Director can see your face and build and of course the costume fitting. The actual shooting will take place on the 19th Oct, this is the scheduled date but as in most things in life that might slip to the right.

I therefore require the following your full name and a contact number in email saying that you will attend, to the following address info@offroadadventure.co.uk.
Please wear the following unit shirt or something similer, rohan trousers or some similar but not jeans, trial/BCH/Magnums boots.

Size parameters: Chest: 38" - 46" ; Waist: 32" - 40"

If you know anybody else that fits the profile please ask them if the want to come too as I need 50 x Soldiers.

regards
JJ Walker

Boot Camp - well that's what they are calling the video HERE

It looks like partly a 'mass audition' with a touch of basic training thrown in - a good day out: I'd like to know what the commitment would be downstream of being chosen.

Anybody on here who goes for it, I'd like to hear from you afterwards, I think.

Here's the company credits:
Universal Combat Limited [gb]

Well, I can honestly say that it was a good laugh. Paid to stand around a lot and smoke for long periods then madly marching up and down plus food.
For the first time in my life the kids think I'm cool too as I'm 'in' a movie. Missus might even give me sex tonight.

Well, I can honestly say that it was a good laugh. Paid to stand around a lot and smoke for long periods then madly marching up and down plus food.
For the first time in my life the kids think I'm cool too as I'm 'in' a movie. Missus might even give me sex tonight.
Did you meet the original poster of the thread? Not seen him for a while.

Just out of interest - being a mere 55yrs of age, I shied away from volunteering for duty on the day: how old was the oldest of the boldest you saw there?

Just out of interest - being a mere 55yrs of age, I shied away from volunteering for duty on the day: how old was the oldest of the boldest you saw there?
I don't think age was an issue - youngest was 16 and eldest (I was far too polite to ask) was in his late 40's/ early 50's I'd guess.

Rough with the smooth though, said elder gent does a lot for Help for Heroes and was a pleasure to talk to. There was one nugget who couldn't keep banging on about things military but whose experience seemed to be wholly airsoft. You'd think he'd get the hint after the first few people made their excuses and ignored him.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was there too. Top day. Big scran in the morning followed by a little bit of marching around and lengthy tab breaks, then another big scran for lunch followed by a little more marching and a few more lengthy tab breaks.

I met a few of the 'serious' artistes who do extra work full time and one of them appeared quite distressed that a few random ex forces bods had been picked for the role over 'experienced' extras. The fact that we were spending the day marching around and doing military stuff as opposed to 'acting', seemed completely lost on him.

Anyway we have a costume fitting next week and another day or two of filming the week after so all in all it's a good couple of days work and a pretty good laugh too.

If I can get the time off work in the future I'll definitely be up for doing more of these jobs.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There was one nugget who couldn't keep banging on about things military but whose experience seemed to be wholly airsoft. You'd think he'd get the hint after the first few people made their excuses and ignored him.
Seen. I accidentally walked into a conversation where he was discussing the various benefits of carrying a 9mm over a .45 it was at this point that I turned around and continued my chat about how I'd love to shag the costume girl.

Seen. I accidentally walked into a conversation where he was discussing the various benefits of carrying a 9mm over a .45 it was at this point that I turned around and continued my chat about how I'd love to shag the costume girl.
That blondie towards the end didn't like the attention did she? There was that fecking wall dressed as a Russian in the food tent that staggered me - must get nose bleeds with his head at that altitude.

Mr Airsoft couldn't resist showing photo's of his 'armoury' on his mobile ffs.

If nothing else I'm now a local celebrity. Local in this case meaning the wife, kids and a few of their friends. For what was required of us I'd do this as a regular job if it was dependable. Easy money and I've paid for worse food in restaurants.

Latest Threads