"Men Only" retreats.

When I was a young lad (between the ages of 6 and 15, in the late 60s and early 70s) we lived near Dublin. There were two men only swimming spots near us - the Forty Foot in Daley and one on the Vico Road, near Killiney. They were great. Chaps would go there for a swim, a sit, a chat. It was very relaxed.

Of course they got invaded by the wimmins’ rights lot. They are now open to all.

My thought at the time was “why not let the men keep their swimming spots, and give women a couple of women only spots, too?” Why can’t men and women have a bit of space to enjoy the peace and quiet of their own spaces if they wish to?

I still think that. What TF is wrong with it?

When I was a young lad (between the ages of 6 and 15, in the late 60s and early 70s) we lived near Dublin. There were two men only swimming spots near us - the Forty Foot in Daley and one on the Vico Road, near Killiney. They were great. Chaps would go there for a swim, a sit, a chat. It was very relaxed.

Of course they got invaded by the wimmins’ rights lot. They are now open to all.

My thought at the time was “why not let the men keep their swimming spots, and give women a couple of women only spots, too?” Why can’t men and women have a bit of space to enjoy the peace and quiet of their own spaces if they wish to?

I still think that. What TF is wrong with it?
Men only swimming spots...................................shady business

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is still that bastion of male freedom The Masons and there are several Military Lodges around the country.

I read the article and thought, WTF? I persevered and I got it. Men are in trouble. And you know what? The article had something to say. Having the set of chromosomes you have is not bad. It’s the way of the world. It is you.
I found it strangely inspirational. Not sure I’d pay that much to wrestle a semi-naked German, though. £50 is my limit, and for that I would expect a blow job.

There is still that bastion of male freedom The Masons and there are several Military Lodges around the country.
Now that you have let the cat out of the bag they won't be a bastion of male freedom much longer.
The shrieking screeching harpies will soon be descending in force bulk.
They can't have males enjoying themselves by doing their own thing.

The type of bloke that should go on one of these men-only type retreats, won't go; neither will they speak to anyone.

They'll just write a goodbye letter and top themselves.

It's why we're three times more likely to commit suicide than women.

I suspect that since the dawn of the human race, there have been some women who just can't stand seeing a man or a group of men happy and having a good time.

I'm old enough now to not give a toss about this $h!te, but I do wonder what the future holds for the generations of men growing up now.

I suspect that since the dawn of the human race, there have been some women who just can't stand seeing a man or a group of men happy and having a good time.

I'm old enough now to not give a toss about this $h!te, but I do wonder what the future holds for the generations of men growing up now.
That is why they will only have sex at midnight and the lights off,
They hate seeing men enjoying themselves.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Maybe if there were less women bitching about men in general ,there'd be less of us chucking ourselves under a bus to get away from them.

I'm all for men talking to each other, but it's less about these groups and more about us doing what we all learned in the mob - keep an eye on your oppo and ask him from time to time if he's alright.

Then steal his missus,

I know.

But the latter half of the article does give you food for thought about the high levels of suicide amongst men, especially in the early 20s and 30s.
Yes but there was a lot of economic hardship and financial crashes and the like in the early 20s and 30s so it's not surprising that suicides were endemic back then.

Socially engineering situations where people are expected to "unload" to total strangers is no more than a cynical way of making money out of peoples psychological difficulties.
This, but also a cynical way of imposing a specific set of beliefs on them. I haven't read the whole article either; I felt a bit ill after the first couple of paragraphs. There was another 'Men being Rough in the Wilderness Together' thing which was discussed here a few years ago, I think. Half of them wanted to feel the bottoms of the other half.

I dunno. I get that paying out a bit to hug a furry Swiss bloke might be too much for some, if it helps some guy step back from the brink, then I say give it a go.
All you tough guys out there! One, two, three....grrrr!
(Don’t join if you don’t want to)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mercurydancer Military History and Militaria 3
06FA56Paderborn Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 4
mechanicalhorsetrough Old & Bold 103