"Men Only" retreats.

Now you can see this as more Snowflake f*ckwittery or you can look at it as a means of being able to deal with quite deep seated issues that need to be discussed within a male only environment.

I've never felt the need to join one of these things but there are times when the traditional pint down the pub might not cut it. I've read many other articles about "Shed Clubs" and PTSD workshops that allow blokes to talk about psychological trauma with other sufferers as well as meetings that prevent lonliness by just getting men (of all ages) to be in the company of other blokes doing blokey things.

I know it's the NAAFI so I'm expecting a certain amount of "robust" comments but considering the focus on mental health issues what do others think about this sort of thing and would you pay good cash to attend one.

What I learnt on a men-only retreat - BBC News

Now you can see this as more Snowflake f*ckwittery or you can look at it as a means of being able to deal with quite deep seated issues that need to be discussed within a male only environment.

I've never felt the need to join one of these things but there are times when the traditional pint down the pub might not cut it. I've read many other articles about "Shed Clubs" and PTSD workshops that allow blokes to talk about psychological trauma with other sufferers as well as meetings that prevent lonliness by just getting men (of all ages) to be in the company of other blokes doing blokey things.

I know it's the NAAFI so I'm expecting a certain amount of "robust" comments but considering the focus on mental health issues what do others think about this sort of thing and would you pay good cash to attend one.

Fcuk that, rather be looking at tits, arse and fanny.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Interesting topic GA, I couldn't stomach reading the full article, as it seems it's another money-spinning bit of pseudo psychological cobblers. The same, of course, applies to a lot of "wimmin" things.

Whilst I thoroughly support the need for suitable, accessible treatment for people (of either sex) with PTSD; and I also think it's fine for blokes to do blokey things together, and girls to do girlie things together (f they want to of course, I'd rather do blokey things as they look more interesting) - it used to be called "having mates".

Socially engineering situations where people are expected to "unload" to total strangers is no more than a cynical way of making money out of peoples psychological difficulties.

Last edited:

FFS

These supposed mens only 'clubs' won't last long because as soon as the fat, speccy lesbians find out they will invade screeching something about women's rights.
If it is not the lessies getting in the way, it will be the standard females who think either, those males are having too much fun by themselves as a group, or they are doing far more interesting things than the sisterhood and I am going to put the spanner in the works.

I know.

But the latter half of the article does give you food for thought about the high levels of suicide amongst men, especially in their early 20s and 30s.

(Edited to show it was an age I was discussing, not the 1920's and 30's but that could be an equally valid point. Thanks to NSP)

Last edited:
These supposed mens only 'clubs' won't last long because as soon as the fat, speccy lesbians find out they will invade screeching something about women's rights.
If it is not the lessies getting in the way, it will be the standard females who think either, those males are having too much fun by themselves as a group, or they are doing far more interesting things than the sisterhood and I am going to put the spanner in the works.
Hence my question about the wimmins festival.Was it invaded by men "demanding access"?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I know.

But the latter half of the article does give you food for thought about the high levels of suicide amongst men, especially in the early 20s and 30s.

Indeed. I'm not sure how this tragedy should be addressed, but I know for damn certain it's not through forcing young men to "bond" with strangers and charging them for the privilege. :mad:

I was looking for a lodger and this Saffer turned up to check the gaff out. Everyone loved him, hippy chicks dug him, very new age, very vegan and yoga. The daft cunt even ran a "Men! express yourself through dance music" workshop in a local village hall.

I didn't like him, my radar went red. I chinned him off

Couple of months ago he was front page in the local paper when the police raided his house to arrest him for multiple rapes they found 5,000 eccies under his bed.......

I'll stick with the drinking and fighting repressed type blokes over group hugs and manly weeping types

Last edited:
Interesting topic GA, I couldn't stomach reading the full article, as it seems it's another money-spinning bit of pseudo psychological cobblers. The same, of course, applies to a lot of "wimmin" things.

Whilst I thoroughly support the need for suitable, accessible treatment for people (of either sex) with PTSD; and I also think it's fine for blokes to do blokey things together, and girls to do girlie things together (f they want to of course, I'd rather do blokey things as they look more interesting) - it used to be called "having mates".

Socially engineering situations where people are expected to "unload" to total strangers is no more than a cynical way of making money out of peoples psychological difficulties.
This is a man only thread.