Men No Longer Needed to Create Sperm?

#1
Men No Longer Needed to Create Sperm? - [briefly]
08:53 AM EST - Feb,01 2008 - post a comment

Scientists at the University of Newcastle have managed to create human sperm cells using a female embryonic stem cell. The researchers, led by Prof Karim Nayernia, had previously created primitive sperm cells from male bone marrow. They're currently working on making the cells from female bone marrow, which would be much easier and more practical than creating them from embryos. The creation means that lesbian couples could soon have children that shared the DNA of both women, rather than having one male biological father. A sperm cell created from one partner could fertilize her partner's egg. There is some question about whether a sperm cell created from a female could produce viable, healthy offspring. The human female sperm cells could not in their current state produce offspring as they do not have the correct amount of genetic material. The team must next have the cells undergo meiosis to make sure the cells have the correct amount of genetic material.
 
#2
It's get round that men are no longer needed BUT what would women complain about :twisted: or get to do the jobs they don't like :twisted:
taxi :twisted:
hat -coat no coms :twisted: I'm off down the pub :twisted: :twisted:
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
fcuk me! This is getting serious. I refuse to be made obsolete, and demand my right to spaff as much as I like.

Aaah, my tissues, thank you good sir. Where did you say the bog was?
 
#4
They should spend a bit more time on basic genetics, the ugly gene their first priority

 
#7
And people wonder why there are so many diseases that still have no cures!
If university research departments were to have some integrity and put their intelligence and energy and money into scientifically useful studies instead of useless crap like this perhaps quality of life would improve for the majority of sick people who are alive instead of them trying to find ways to defy nature and decency with twisted research like this for the benefit of those with a weak and perverted sexuality.
 
#8
Dr. Feckemall, why are the lab rats wearing masks?
 
#10
OK, so we don't have to. But can we keep doing it as a hobby?
 
#11
actiontoday said:
And people wonder why there are so many diseases that still have no cures!
If university research departments were to have some integrity and put their intelligence and energy and money into scientifically useful studies instead of useless crap like this perhaps quality of life would improve for the majority of sick people who are alive instead of them trying to find ways to defy nature and decency with twisted research like this for the benefit of those with a weak and perverted sexuality.
Well said. If only politicians were as sensible!
 
#12
feckemall said:
To hide their cum faces, its a law in China.
All men take note :p

The ladies kept theirs off I see, wonder why, nice lipstick :twisted:
 
#14
actiontoday said:
.... instead of them trying to find ways to defy nature and decency with twisted research like this for the benefit of those with a weak and perverted sexuality.
I'm sorry AT - I have to reply to you.

Against 'nature' eh? which bit of nature would that be? Remember, there are thousands of species that harm humans whilst just doing their natural function e.g. the protozoan parasite that causes malaria.

If we undertake research that aims to rid the world of malaria aren't we going against nature? Or is it only the bits of nature you like?


I see you bring up decency. What decency are you using as your baseline? the Christian Bible?
See here for a strong argument against that approach.

From what I read, stem-cell research has the potential to help lots of different people, not only those where the guy is shooting blanks. For instance, it is leading to new ways to treat those with spinal injuries and obviously has very real potential for those poor sods badly injured whilst serving their country.
 
#15
Schleswig-Holstein said:
actiontoday said:
.... instead of them trying to find ways to defy nature and decency with twisted research like this for the benefit of those with a weak and perverted sexuality.
I'm sorry AT - I have to reply to you.

Against 'nature' eh? which bit of nature would that be? Remember, there are thousands of species that harm humans whilst just doing their natural function e.g. the protozoan parasite that causes malaria.

If we undertake research that aims to rid the world of malaria aren't we going against nature? Or is it only the bits of nature you like?


I see you bring up decency. What decency are you using as your baseline? the Christian Bible?
See here for a strong argument against that approach.

From what I read, stem-cell research has the potential to help lots of different people, not only those where the guy is shooting blanks. For instance, it is leading to new ways to treat those with spinal injuries and obviously has very real potential for those poor sods badly injured whilst serving their country.
Don’t know what AT meant by “against nature” but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was referring to the reports that these scientists are experimenting in making both eggs and sperm, so that fudge packers and carpet munchers won’t need the opposite sex to conceive ( the bum boys would, of course, need a surrogate womb) “Now that IS against nature!”
 
#16
helles-bells said:
Don’t know what AT meant by “against nature” but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was referring to the reports that these scientists are experimenting in making both eggs and sperm, so that fudge packers and carpet munchers won’t need the opposite sex to conceive ( the bum boys would, of course, need a surrogate womb) “Now that IS against nature!”
Ok so this technology would allow a few batty-boys and girls to have nippers - I can live with that to be honest. It's not like all hetero couples are doing such a great job of looking after their progeny it is.

Just think though - it could also help blokes who have lost their nuts to cancer...
 
#18
So to create a hand-full of viable sperm cells you need a few million quid and a dead baby!

Am I worried?

Girl's, I can create millions of them every day shooting them artistically into any receptacle you care to offer. I'll only charge a million quid a week and you get to keep the dead baby!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top