Memory Maps

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by slackbladder, Dec 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

I am a keen hillwalker / mountaineer / munro bagger. I have seen these things advertised out and about. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or give handy for / against points?
    For those who don't know what I'm on about click HERE

It does seem to be quite useful in planning routes - route cards etc and pre programming your GPS if you use one.

2. Good all round piece of software. You install and then have to email for an unlock code to be able to print out maps. The functionality is very good - route planning, distance, 3D view etc. You can also look at charts for sailing.

I installed the whole of the GB mainland on my laptop courtesy of a friend...and then got a punishment tour in NI! No NI maps in the package.

3. Cheers GI, I'll go out and get it, or a couple of the UK ones.
  4. I can't recommend Memory Map highly enough. The software is very very easy to use, with loads of good features (such as route walkthrough). The maps and aerial photography are also brill. The Explorer version is, like OS, 1:25,000.
  5. Memory Map is great , ~I may even buy my next copy