I'll be the first to bite.

Fckin t1t!

No Bootie would post that shite!

Is this a Wahh??!!!

...its early..

edit..and im still pi$$ed so could be horribly wrong

I hope your book is better written.....

"ROYAL MARINES....., TO YOUR DUTIES......, QUICK MARCH." Very Happy
Straight onto HMS Albion and thence into DHP (potwash)

Joke...great respect for bootnecks actually. :D

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Leaving aside the mock bootie propaganda upthread, my abiding memory is of the Troop dildo managing to pin his hand to his SLR muzzle (bayonet squarely through the hand, to this day, no idea how he managed it) during the "unfix". My how we laughed, especially when he fainted, still pinned to his gat. At least he went down face-first, proving to even Troop SSgt Paddy L's satisfaction that it was kosher.

We all stood there and watched the pool of blood spreading from his hand across the tarmac. Happy days.

Look SP, Royal is going to be getting savaged on here after that programme is aired tonight and "Bertie" the rupert (got to be the only posh officer in the Corps, please....) has run the nods "through the tempeate jungles with back-breaking loads" out on Woodbury Common. So don't make it worse by posting shyte like this on here.

Unless this is a bite (and Ive bitten, fcuk) and you're just trying to get Flashy and A_A to play with you.

In which case, good luck, crack on, erm Royal (?).

PS: thanks for letting everyone know about the latest feed of arrse to come out of the RN media cell in the name of recruitment. Im sue the Corps I left needs a few more walts and "stuntmen".

Hi book(s) are sh*t e as well. All about how hard he is / was and how many blerks he chinned when he was in and after he left. Got a few Booty mates who think he is a soft t*sser.

zzzzzzzzz zzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Somehow I can't see any Booty Adjt riding a charger unless he was on a stepladder knocking its hips out

WALT

You guessed it Royal, I was a little bored. And boy, do these guys like to bite.

Hehehehehehehehehe :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Steve

StevenPreece said:
Near the end, the Adjutant came onto the parade square on his horse. He did a number of salutes with his razor sharp sword as he presented our troop to the inspecting officers.
I got to this bit before the tea went over the keyboard :D

You do write some drivel,I hope the books better,I keep looking for it at the local carboot but no sign yet,did you sell many?

StevenPreece said:
You guessed it Royal, I was a little bored. And boy, do these guys like to bite.

Hehehehehehehehehe :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Steve
CoughBollocksCough

StevenPreece said:
Just like your service number, generally your passing out parade is something you never forget. Obviously the varying regiments and rivalry on here will create good banter with this subject. :D :D

This was undoubtedly one of the very best days of my life and one that will proudly stay in my memories [how many memories do you have?] forever.

It was a warm sunny morning in October 1983 and we spent some time making last minute preparations to our kit, just checking everything over and making sure it was immaculate. We used the buddy buddy system to inspect each other[']s lovats uniform and removed any stray pieces of fluff with cello tape. The feeling that morning was warm and friendly and our faces shone with pride. We had just completed one of the most arduous and challenging infantry courses in the Western World and were in the closing stages of passing out as Royal Marines.

Looking back, from that moment in time, we'd spent the majority of basic training looking on at the Kings Squad marching by. They walked tall and looked proud and immaculate. Their movements were crisp and their drill boots crunched instep on the tarmac roads as they smartly marched passed. "That's w[h]ere I want to be[.]" I used to think [possibly the only statement we might agree on "used to think"].

Now we were the King[']s Squad. We'd made it through and were Royal Marines Commandos [sic].

It was raining during the morning [I thought you said it was a warm sunny morning?] so we went through the presentation process of the Green Berets inside the drill sheds. I can't really explain the immense feeling I had that morning when I removed my training beret and cast it away into a gash bin before placing my green lid onto my head.

A short while later, we marched smartly away and changed into our blues uniforms. We marched onto the parade square. We were immensely proud and ready to take our place in a commando unit [or] anywhere in the world they chose to send us at the drop of a hat.

The arms drill went well without error. We'd practiced it so many times that it just came naturally. As we marched passed the crowd of parents, I casually glanced at my family [good drill then]. I could see them trying to pick me out and scanning up and down the ranks that marched by. It was a great feeling.

Near the end, the Adjutant came onto the parade square on his horse. He did a number of salutes with his razor sharp sword [sic] as he presented our troop to the inspecting officers.

Suddenly, the horse unleashed a generous pile of manure onto the tarmac. It was just before the adjutant gave us the command to advance in review order. We started to advance, the horse manure was getting closer. Then we sighed with relief as we halted just a couple of paces away from it and the Adjutant gave the order to present arms! [!!]

Then we dressed back into close order and the adjutant gave us the order to march off the parade square.

"ROYAL MARINES....., TO YOUR DUTIES......, QUICK MARCH." :D

Regards

Steve
You need to get a grip and get a better sub editor if you want to try writing.

Oz, there hasn't been a Passout with a horse since '95 or '94. I don't know when this chisseler claims he passed out or if he's an uber-walt, but he's doing my nut in.

Never fancied a pop at a horse, but I think Ive seen a "training video" of the practice. Looks uncomfortable.

In "Amongst the Marines", Steven Preece vividly depicted his excessive, violent lifestyle as an elite Royal Marine Commando. Now, "Always a Marine" covers the author's struggle to leave that lifestyle behind following his departure from the service. Back on civvy street for the first time in over seven years, Preece finds it extremely difficult to adapt and struggles to shake off the belligerent mentality he developed while in the Marines. Despite these difficulties, he marries and starts a family, but this positive change is not enough to turn his life around. Preece soon discovers that his tendency towards violence will not be tolerated in the civilian workplace and, after finding himself blacklisted by many companies in his area, he is forced to look for employment abroad. This quest for work takes Preece to France, where he is caught up in a hotel fire; Germany, where he is double-crossed out of his job and later teams up with an ex-SAS trooper; Morocco, where an incident lands him in jail and he is later shot at by border police; and Thailand, where he fights in a boxing ring with a former French Legionnaire and gets caught up in a business scam. Having settled back in the UK, Preece's behavior remains excessive. He severely injures his head and suffers minor brain damage after a heavy-drinking session. Upon recovering, he looks for something else to believe in and begins training in ninjutsu, the martial art of the ninjas, who view aggression as a sign of weakness. This, combined with the love of his family, finally enables him to put his past behind him. "Always a Marine" is the action-packed, often shocking account of one ex-Marine's 13-year struggle to control the aggression he learnt as a serviceman in order to become a respectable civilian.

UBER WALT

Edit to add
7 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
Its the Only way, 2 Mar 2006
By Spike (Somewherewarm) - See all my reviews

Well Mr. Preece after all these years. I've read some of the comments here and the one I find hard to believe is the one that says hard to believe. I've read your books too. I knew you during the period of your first one. Some good memeries there mate. I found you or should I say you found me during the period of your second book. Yes, Its me, Spike. You recognised me living rough on the streets and helped put me back on my feet in Liverpool or was that the chipshop you took me to. Ha Ha. You didn't write about this mate. You should have. It wouldn't be the first time you've pulled me out of the brown stuff would it!!
The only part of your book I wasn't happy about Steve is the END. When you found me and I had gave up on my life now, you told me this "You're a marine Spike, you never give up, you can fall down some times, but you have to pick yourself up because you're a bootneck." "We never give in."

Well, I listened Steve (Al), I am a bootneck and I have realised it stands for something. I'm on my feet now mate and I will stay ther, because I'm a bootneck.

I don't want to spoil the end of your book for people, but like you said to me mate, "You're a bootneck."

We'll always be marines my friend, I listened to you.

Spike W

:x

Another good book from Steven Preece. I thought it was a good sequal to his first book and that both books go well together. The reading was interesting and the content made me as a fellow ex serviceman realise where I'd been going wrong adapting to civvy street after I left the military.

There's a lot in here about life. A good book written by a very determined man who undoubtedly needed to put a very violent past behind him.

Fab Stuff

MDM

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

2 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
yeah right, 27 Dec 2006
By ex -squaddie (purgatory) - See all my reviews

look at all the reviews of this guys books? all 1st time reviewers no comments on any other books, that tells a story all by it's self.

no i wasn't a royal but i did the AACC and served with them as an attached personel, it is plagerism of stories he has collected over the years and told to a ghost writer to claim they were his.

you should be ashamed of yourself.leopards dont change their spots. once an animal always an animal.....once a walt always a walt just be grateful you were good enough to have served as a Royal there is nothing more to be gained than that, by telling stories and half truths

2 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
Fabulous - True to life, 23 April 2006
By Capstan (South Wales) - See all my reviews

What a great sequal this book was. They should make a film out of it. It concludes the man's story. I related quite well to some of the stuff Preece wrote about. A good read as was his first book. I fully intend to read them again. That's my compliment.

7 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
Its the Only way, 2 Mar 2006
By Spike (Somewherewarm) - See all my reviews

Well Mr. Preece after all these years. I've read some of the comments here and the one I find hard to believe is the one that says hard to believe. I've read your books too. I knew you during the period of your first one. Some good memeries there mate. I found you or should I say you found me during the period of your second book. Yes, Its me, Spike. You recognised me living rough on the streets and helped put me back on my feet in Liverpool or was that the chipshop you took me to. Ha Ha. You didn't write about this mate. You should have. It wouldn't be the first time you've pulled me out of the brown stuff would it!!
The only part of your book I wasn't happy about Steve is the END. When you found me and I had gave up on my life now, you told me this "You're a marine Spike, you never give up, you can fall down some times, but you have to pick yourself up because you're a bootneck." "We never give in."

Well, I listened Steve (Al), I am a bootneck and I have realised it stands for something. I'm on my feet now mate and I will stay ther, because I'm a bootneck.

I don't want to spoil the end of your book for people, but like you said to me mate, "You're a bootneck."

We'll always be marines my friend, I listened to you.

Spike W

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
Truth or fiction? One upon a time there was a marine........, 25 Feb 2006
By Solo Walker "SW" (UK) - See all my reviews

Unputdownable, very easy to read Steve's story. The writing isn't great, every person he meets is described in a similiar formula ie "the sheik had dark skin, a round chubby face and a short beard". Each chapter has our ex-marine working out and maintaining a high level of physical fitness. He mentions this time and time again. Everywhere he works he comes across people trying to stitch him up or being uncooperative. Whenever he goes drinking he finds someone who wants a fight, funny that.
After a few chapters you get the drift and see a pattern emerging. Disappointingly he keeps his marriage under wraps, I can understand why, his Wife must be a martyr, seriously.
I was in two minds, is the guy a total nutter or just a bullshitter? However, as I couldn't put the book down I guess I'm the nutter.
If only half the book is true and I'm being generous here then the man has still given a good account of himself. Only wish it had more depth and I could believe it.

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
Well Written, 15 Feb 2006
By "dibberman" - See all my reviews

This book was well written and is an excellent sequal to the first one. It explained a lot for me. The emotion was touching and the experiences were interesting. Above all I respected that the author never gave in. His determination and will to succeed were impressive. There's a lot of feeling in this. Its powerful and I feel it comes from the heart.

3 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
The Serviceman Frame of mind, 15 Oct 2005
Reviewer: A reader

An absolutely great story. I couldn't put it down. Life's brickwalls, kept standing in front of this man to slow him down or to stop him, but he overcomes them with strength determination and vigour. At times it was funny and yet also very moving. His military training came in handy when he needed it. I thought the ending was fabulous.

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Real Life, A Great Story, 7 Oct 2005
By "bradleylaw" - See all my reviews

Another great warts & all story from this guy. I really felt his emotion as I read through the book. I had a lot of problems making the transition from a serviceman to a civilian, so I can relate to this quite well. The Ninja bit was great as Preece looked for something else to believe in. His explanation of their techniques impressed me.

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
Always A Marine, 7 Oct 2005
Reviewer: A reader

I thought this book was supurb. The author leaves the marines, but is mentally still a soldier. The book is well written and has a lot of feeling and emotion in it. Some of the stuff was mind blowing to say the least. No wonder the Royal Marines are such great soldiers.

Methinks mr Preece writes a lot of his own reviews, not everyone can spell sequel wrong can they..................................

Latest Threads