Memories of war?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JTSman, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think it's been really great to see all the coverage of Remembrance Day - I feel like I've learned more than ever. Do you think it's because of the 90 (edit) year anniversary of the end of World War I?

One of the best things I saw this time though was a site called remembering war: your memories by the museum Wellcome Collection. Looks like they're collecting people's memories of war - and then a psychologist is going to analyse them to say how society remembers conflict. Wonder what the doc will tell us?

2. ...?
  3. Sounds like a terrible idea!
  4. 90 ! ( Not a good start is it ? ) :roll: Especially for a 'writer'
  5. Just a typo, sorry! Of course I meant 90...
  6. It does to me too , unless Arrse's resident head mechanics can suggest why it is or isn't?

To me, it doesn't seem more than a wild stab at someones' thoughts at the time of writing rather than their continued state of mind?

Any analysis is flawed on that basis alone surely? Can it ever be more than conjecture?
  7. I was thinking along the lines of how society PERCIEVE conflict. Only those involved could REMEMBER