Memories of childhood.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by B_AND_T, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It never rained on Saturdays or school holidays.

Fish and chips was a treat not a cop out.

50p Pocket money was a small fortune.

Very few of the girls in senior school had tits.

Wank mags in the hedgerows.

White dog shite.

Blackberry and apple pie cooked by my nan.

A chilled Mars bar cut into slices and shared with my mum on her lunch break.

Any others?

2. The smell of an English summertime, freshly cut grass, the warm ozone scent of the seaside, the nicotine breath of my "Uncle Ernie" as he viciously slid a gnarled finger into my hairless anus whilst whispering sweet nonsense into my ear......................

3. Dropping your sandwich on the ground and picking the gravel off and eating it without mamby pamby dogooders saying it is not good for you

4. Bass shandy in bottles and collecting the bottle for the deposit, ha'penny chews, building camps and shooting rabbits.

5. 3 day working weeks, power cuts and piles of rubbish left on the streets.

6. Going at the crack of a sparrows fart in the morning to build dens and play war in the woods, and not coming again until it was dark, or the A-Team and Knight Rider were on telly, when you were 6yrs old.

7. I ran a thread similar to this some time ago.

After a couple of 'slaggings' dotted about in the thread - something distinctly made me aware of the fact that maybe this one had been covered numerous times before:

Nostalgia - What happened to white dog-eggs?

8. And on a brighter note, Johnny Sevens to play with, Jubblies, conkers and allowed to carry penknives without the fear of arrest :D

9. Saturday morning matinee at the local cinema, collecting conkers in Autumn. The Autumnal smell of burning leaves as the Independent Hull Junior Arsonists Club tried to burn down the conker trees. Pushing bangers and air bombs through miserable cunts letterboxes in November, trying to ignite the public bonfire in the park on November 4th.

Etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

10. I loved my Johnny Seven! Thank you for stirring a long forgotton memory!

Gaspode - thanks, summer hols, out of the house at 0-fucking early hours, back after dark, never seeing ones parents in between.

Being allowed to be a kid, priceless!

11. 10 second rule :D

12. Building a bogie out of old wood, six inch nails, clothes line to steer the pram wheels and heading down hills with no brakes. 8O

Seeing how many you could get on a bike and head downhill with no brakes. :x

See how fast you can run away from your mate from a wasps nest after you poke it with a stick without getting stung. :evil:

Sit and watch the spot on the TV until it disapears after you switch it off.
    :(

14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sundays; listening to 2 way family Favourites and Billy Cotton Band Show as dinner cooked. Then it was 'Life with the Lyons' or 'Educating Archie'. Later, just before bed, listening to 'Journey into Space' on the crackling Radio Luxembourg.

Long hot summers with massive freedom. Shovelling coal from cobbled back streets into the coal hole. Outside 'lavvy' with old News of the World torn into sheets ( it was a broadsheet then)
    Christmas and toys and cowboys outfits came on a piece of card, loads of books, usually Dandy/Beano or Oor Wullie. Blissful times.

15. 50p? I was lucky if I got a silver sixpence, I usually got a thruppeny bit! (LSD, real money for real people!)

Dandelion and Burdock, none of your Pepsi shit!