• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Memories evoked.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
There are certain things that evoke strong memories. Smells, sounds and sights.

I offer this to my fellow rifleman as stimulii of good times.
You buried Mini-Mokes under the patio as well?

smudge67 said:
I also offer this to all the rifleman I've served with:

As a reminder not to rest gats in the upright, or "more likely to fall over and feck the zero/damage optics/ND" position presumably? :twisted

Wouldn't a picture of a Post Office and a Sterling do as well? 8)

I remember when the 2 jackets held up somewhere in Bletchley, it must've been around 1997. They got caught because they were driving the German car that they'd hired in Paderborn.

Cuddles said:
smudge67 said:

As a reminder not to rest gats in the upright, or "more likely to fall over and feck the zero/damage optics/ND" position presumably? :twisted

I hate the word "gat". It's a rifle. Edited for being a mong!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
smudge67 said:
I remember when the 2 jackets held up somewhere in Bletchley, it must've been around 1997. They got caught because they were driving the German car that they'd hired in Paderborn.
Ah, but they are basically redcoats! Still, it did show intiative.

smudge67 said:
Cuddles said:
smudge67 said:

Looks more like an L.M.G. (Bren) to me!

Nutstrangler said:
smudge67 said:
Cuddles said:
smudge67 said:

Looks more like an L.M.G. (Bren) to me!
Even I, an ex sloppy, know that is not a fecking LMG, FFS.

smudge67 said:
Airfix said:
I would like to add, I'm a little peckish and could kill a danish.....
Shouldn't there be an "X" marks the spot type cross on it.....so you kind find the buried "treasure"??
True, but I ain't no grass and I don't want to tell plod where the other 192 a burried!

As a point of interest, didn't the bods in question get out last year? And then Maddie goes missing, coincidence? I think not! :roll:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can I just point out, this wasn't intended as a site for GreenJackets to reminisce. I really meant it when I asked what sights or sounds evoke memories. Pleasant or otherwise.

Latest Threads