Memorial to Gibson's dog falls to BLM.

I'm surprised the Red Chesneys haven't changed their smoke colours.

Edit: Belay that. Already done. :rolleyes:

15709038-7219091-image-a-118_1562425918597.jpg

Last edited:

ROMFT

Old-Salt
I think that the F-35 would look really fetching in pink, with a rainbow tail-thingy. This would also be a good way of letting the Russians know our disapproval of their homophobic policies when we have cause to meet them over the North Sea.

The correct full quote is "It's in Germany, isn't it ? And besides they started it"
Go Capt Hamish Mahaddie DSO DFC AFC: “If you couldn't get the kraut in his factory, it was just as easy to knock him off in his bed, and if granny Schicklgruber in the flat next door got the chop, that's hard luck.“

Hang on, hang on.
Where are we with the whole rainbow thing?
First it was Gay Pride. Then it was the NHS. Now the RAF new Colours. So what does it represent this week?
There is some radical suggestion that it should represent the refraction of different wavelengths of the electro-magnetic spectrum in the atmosphere.

It’ll never catch on.

There is some radical suggestion that it should represent the refraction of different wavelengths of the electro-magnetic spectrum in the atmosphere.

It’ll never catch on.
It made a nice cover picture for Dark Side of the Moon.

Chef

LE
Elvis Costello must be living in mortal terror that he ever sang Olivers Army.
It's been banned or censored by a few radio stations.

Way back when the BBC and possibly other stations blanked out Richard Todd calling out his dog's name, to avoid causing offence, they happily showed 'Pink Floyd-The Wall'* which has 'The Dambusters' playing, uncensored in the background during the hotel scene:

For those who wish to skip ogling Jenny Wright and go straight to being offended about 4:20. The death f the dog is given prominence shortly after this song and before 'Comfortably Numb'. There was more of Ms Wright 'Young Lust' should satisfy.

*Another good film from the late Alan Parker

When I was a nipper and my father was CO of the RAPC Training Depot at Devizes we had a labrador called Sambo,. I just looked up what it now means, and to think of all those years I thought it was a term of affection for black people.
I have trained in Russian Sambo should I report for re-education?

Sadly true, the RAF seems to be leading the social awareness charge in the armed forces. Recently a mate sent me a piece which proposed that the RAF adopt dressing down Friday in order to make themselves be more inclusive. I'm still not sure if it was just a wind up. Read it and sat shaking my head in disbelief. The uniform is worn with pride, it makes us inclusive having everybody regardless of race, beliefs or whatever being dressed the same. Next we'll be painting rainbows on the F-35s instead of low-viz roundels.
Well, it is the armed wing of the Avon ladies. Not like they were at all allie to begin with...

syrup

LE

Way back when the BBC and possibly other stations blanked out Richard Todd calling out his dog's name, to avoid causing offence, they happily showed 'Pink Floyd-The Wall'* which has 'The Dambusters' playing, uncensored in the background during the hotel scene:

For those who wish to skip ogling Jenny Wright and go straight to being offended about 4:20. The death f the dog is given prominence shortly after this song and before 'Comfortably Numb'. There was more of Ms Wright 'Young Lust' should satisfy.

In fairness "Pink" picked the tv up and threw it to the ground causing it to smash as soon as he heard the offending word.
He was in tune with his wokeness before they even knew what it was

Last edited:

Chef

LE
@syrup worthy of two funnies.

syrup

LE

Slightly off topic
Robert Shaw is on the album yelling "where the hell are you Simon" as Pink watches the Battle of Britain.
He's also in The Dambusters so gets to be on the album and in the film.

Go Capt Hamish Mahaddie DSO DFC AFC: “If you couldn't get the kraut in his factory, it was just as easy to knock him off in his bed, and if granny Schicklgruber in the flat next door got the chop, that's hard luck.“
A few years after the war, Luftwaffe fighter pilots held a reunion in West Berlin and, in the spirit of reconciliation, invited RAF Fighter Command veterans to attend. On entering the main room and seeing the Luftwaffe pilots, one of the RAF chaps remarked, "Good Lord, I had no idea we left so many of you bastards alive". :)

Latest Threads