Memorable stuff from your formative years

I think it is. Another thing my wife thinks is weird is I call my wardrobe my locker and all my kit is on the shelves, same size (A4), and would pass a locker inspection. Her locker (wardrobe) however, is just a jumble of clothes in no apparent order. I can pack to go away in under 10 minutes, all locked and loaded; she prepares the week before and then is still rushed.
There is a fine line between being neat and tidy and obsessive,by what you say, you seem to have crossed it.

The other day as I hung out the washing to dry I realised I had several sets of identical work trousers and similar looking shirts. Probably more uniform than when I did my bit.

And I was only TA.
Yep - I am out and about a lot for work and work from home or my office. I don't see the same people every day. Several pairs of chinos, several blue and white shirts, couple of dark blue suit type (or geography teacher type) jackets. All the same, all bought in bulk as my work "uniform". Makes it very easy and differentiates work clothes from "my clothes"....I don't believe I am on a spectrum....

With you all the way. It was drilled into us to pay attention to detail: always make sure ammo pouches on 58 webbing done up, cap badge over left eye(until you get to battalion, when a more rakish approach almost over left ear was adopted), close things properly, line things up, fold things, wear elastics so OGs fall neatly over puttees etc. etc. Get irritated now, even 50years on, that Mrs. Offa can't/won't put lids on securely, load dishwasher logically, put old newspapers neatly in recycling bag, same with plastics. I do my own ironing, properly - but I'm not allowed to do the dhobi in case I jinx the washing machine. I know, I know, I'm on the spectrum, but getting stuff in good order is just so satisfying.

.....uum...do you .....errr.... have .....mmm..... room inspections....in your head like.....sort of thing...?

Yep - I am out and about a lot for work and work from home or my office. I don't see the same people every day. Several pairs of chinos, several blue and white shirts, couple of dark blue suit type (or geography teacher type) jackets. All the same, all bought in bulk as my work "uniform". Makes it very easy and differentiates work clothes from "my clothes"....I don't believe I am on a spectrum....

I am reminded of that scene in the Inbetweeners Movie where Will lays out three identical pairs of beige chinos in order to decide which he's going to wear into town that night.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I am reminded of that scene in the Inbetweeners Movie where Will lays out three identical pairs of beige chinos in order to decide which he's going to wear into town that night.
Apropos of nothing. Simon Bird (Will) and my son were born in the same month, and could be twins

That's what 'being on the spectrum' means.
Some people have more time on the Spectrum than this guy.

1619184446107.png

Offa

War Hero
.....uum...do you .....errr.... have .....mmm..... room inspections....in your head like.....sort of thing...?
That's kind of the template for my contribution to housekeeping/cleaning. I do imagine the white gloves (and the razorblade). I draw the line at bed-blocks, pretty much impossible nowadays with king-size duvets.

That's kind of the template for my contribution to housekeeping/cleaning. I do imagine the white gloves (and the razorblade). I draw the line at bed-blocks, pretty much impossible nowadays with king-size duvets.
.....you have duvets? Not blankets, hairy? Ooh you're posh!

I'll bet your duvet cover is DPM though...

PFGEN

GCM
.....you have duvets? Not blankets, hairy? Ooh you're posh!

Up until my parents departed this mortal world it was always blankets, hairy. I never really minded, quite warm in the winter as the bedroom had no heating. The last Mrs Pfgen had a decidedly different opinion and expressed it quite eruditely to hotel management. Management's response of "I suppose you have one of these furrin dovets. We prefer proper bed linen" did nothing to improve the mood.

Up until my parents departed this mortal world it was always blankets, hairy. I never really minded, quite warm in the winter as the bedroom had no heating. The last Mrs Pfgen had a decidedly different opinion and expressed it quite eruditely to hotel management. Management's response of "I suppose you have one of these furrin dovets. We prefer proper bed linen" did nothing to improve the mood.

Duvets - I remember when they were called "continental quilts"!

Latest Threads