Memorable stuff from your formative years

Torchy were crap.
All his torch did was shine on things.
No blasting, obliterating or even a mild sunburn.
4 Feather Falls was just about as bad, but XL5 and Supercar were much better.

Remember Space Patrol? I liked it because it used science as it was known at the time. Properly done, I think it would be worth a re-boot.
Theres another one. Original ideas. Not fcukin 'reboots' like today.

I've mentioned in the 'Beano' thread, that this weekend coming, Radio 4 Extra is broadcasting a series of programmes on the 'Eagle' and scientific stuff therein, including Dan Dare and Digby. Sat and Sun at 1800 and midnight.

For those of you with a nostalgic sweet tooth, some of the classics are still available.

Sherbet Fountains (not exactly the same, modern packaging):
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/sherbet-fountains-p-285.html?adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&aid=999&gclid=CLCW5-b0trECFVBlfAod534AvAcodes

Flying Saucers:
FLYING SAUCERS: Retro Sweets At The UKs No 1 Internet Sweetshop

All from A Quarter of: Retro Sweets: Customers Love Us & Rate Us 95% From 5308 Reviews

Thanks for sharing!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Having recently watched news and documentaries about gangs in various cities it set me thinking about my youn days. Gangs now have cool names like Bloods, Crips, Yardies, Steps and the Salvation Army. In my day we had nothing like that. My village was Swalwell, so we were Swalwellers. Wickham had Wickhamers, and Blaydon had ........well, I imagine that you get the idea. Not that we were gangs per se, but we sort of gathered together to collect stuff for bonfires on Bonfire night and guarded and protected said bonfire, certainly the nearest we came to running drugs was sharing a tin of Zubes. Most of our time was spent swapping comice with each other.
No real point to this ramble, just meandering thoughts.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Queuing behind a really ancient Landy this morning put me in mind of my Dinky toy of the same and also 1940s LR adverts showing them being driven over bumpy stuff in Africa by pukka chaps in trops. I did actually pass a Maltese driving test in one once.

Queuing behind a really ancient Landy this morning put me in mind of my Dinky toy of the same and also 1940s LR adverts showing them being driven over bumpy stuff in Africa by pukka chaps in trops. I did actually pass a Maltese driving test in one once.
Do you mean you reversed in to park between the barrels without touching them - and all under the watchful and withering gaze of the crowd in the stands at the Empire (if you're old enough) football stadium ?

Remember when every pair of Jeans had a pocket for one of these. Was it some postwar tax thing, working clothes rather than 'trendies' Boys Jeans didn't have the pocket, couldn't wait to get a pair of 'mens'.

CFB

Attachments

Remember when every pair of Jeans had a pocket for one of these. Was it some postwar tax thing, working clothes rather than 'trendies' Boys Jeans didn't have the pocket, couldn't wait to get a pair of 'mens'.

CFB
They were just teeing up a retro fashion fad for Dexys Midnight Runners 20 years on.

Shrewd bastards.

CFB
Bloody Yuropeen measuring stick!