Memorable Beers and Brews

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tastytoggle, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My favourite lager was without any doubt - Herforder. Far superior to Becks and Grolsch - which is not to say they weren't good in their own right, but Berlin's local beer Schultheiss (shithouse) always loosened me up the following morning and made my arse explode like a flock of pigeons. :omg:
    Nice to see that we still have some skills to export though and to the most unusual places. Take a look at this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/11/sudan-south-thirst-beer

2. Made the mistake of downing far too much banana beer one year at the Rhine Army Summer Show. Distinctly remember kneeling in a pool of vomit, head pressed against the side of the bath, gently sobbing. I suppose yopu could call that memorable...

3. Feldschlossen was always my favorite

4. Its a bugger to spell though

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Warsteiner for me,thankfully my local sells it now! I remember fondly staggering down singlystrasse at Bruggen with a Chicken Inn & a Herfy handbag on the way back to the block...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Hoegaarden is good, along with Warsteiner and Leffe.

7. Herforder every time , remember drinking it for the first time in pig alley in wolfenbuttle (sorry spelling) around 85/86

8. Paulaner. My local just started stocking it on draught. Mmmmm......

9. Amstel mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,holy wine

10. Double Diamond in the NAAFI,Then honking it out of the widow in the middle of the night............JOY!

11. As you say Herforder was excellent. I couldn`t believe it but in the 80`s when I returned to UK but for a limited period they even stocked it at my local off licence for a while. I don`t know why it disappeared off the shelves. I must have kept kept their profits up for a while.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

God I have'nt had Double D for fecking ages! Can you still get it even?

Remember these?...

[​IMG]

How many of us have tried (and failed!) to drink from one like a normal tinny?

13. Not one of your faves, J? I got an ex girlfriend's dad on Leffe Brune, what a mistake, I had to drag him out of one of the local pubs as he decided to start singing along with the band in an Irish pub with his wife looking on in horror :D

But Leffe Grand Cru is a real killer, 12.5% :puker:

14. When I came back to the UK in the late 80s William Low sold it. You had to be there when the shelves were being stocked or you got none. Tesco took over and kept it in stock for about a year then stopped. Could never understand that considering all the piss they sell now.
    Wobblys' in the fridge chilling nicely :D .
    Grolsch & Becks give me the hangover from hell!! :cry:

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I drank that on my leaving doo pish up in Roermond...All I remember the next day was a throbbing hangover & black,runny sh1t!