Members Online

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, May 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

In the list of numbers of members on line at any particular moment on the left of the Home screen, there is a category called "staff". (1 in there now)

Does this mean we are being DS'd as well as moderated? :cry:

Will there be a debrief and "Let's kick that last post around and see what other comments we may have about such a sorry piece of work"

"The DS answer is................................."

What next? Will we be required to submit our proposed 'O' Group notes prior to being permitted to post?

Just curious.
  2. And what is a "Bot"?
  3. half a bottom? :wink:
    Was going to say an arrse there, but thought it may be offensive to the "Bots" :lol:
  4. Angel, they have not replied yet. Shall we go to the seaside again?
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

I see from members online that we are being DS'd again. Still no explanation of a 'bot'. Sounds quite cute so that obviously discounts our MODs! :wink:
  6. bot bot bot

of course we are going 2 b watched on here lad and lad ets
    dont like it go some where else
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

'Staff' are Good CO & myself, although I have to say it is a bit of a poor title. Bots are search engine browsers that scour the internet finding out what we are all up to -
  8. Maybe "bot" is a short computer geek abrevisation for Botter. In line with equal opportunities, the site may have to list all those crafty butchers who use the site.
  9. So tell us, Auld-Yin, how do you think you did with your post?

10. The Gaelic word for pen1s
  11. I am always curious about the names that we choose for ourselves. I realise Auld Yin might be a gentleman from north of the border (and what wonderful people they are too! :)) but I must profess my ignorance about Galgenberg for example..... some, I think, I could guess at. Anyone want to volunteer why they chose their names?!

(those who know me would understand the significance of Prodigal - but for those who don't, think about coming back into the fold...)
  12. Mine is a bastardisation of one of the many nicknames my family have given me. :oops:
  13. Mine is because I'm gonna be a TA Artificer. Clever huh? :D
  14. I'm fecking lazy. Obvious.
  15. Place where I had my first experience of "hot luurve" :lol: