melton mowbray

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by adonwar, Apr 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. iam off to melton mowbray on thursday for my dog trainer selection and was looking for some info on what iam to expect and what is expected of me, all the careers office could offer me was 1st day dogs 2nd day interviews and a 2% pass rate and nothing more specific so i was wondering if any serving trainers could help.thanks in advance.

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Do you like dogs, I think that will be a great help.

3. yes i do i didnt think i needed to state that i thought it would be obvious. but yes i do alot but the animal kind only :)

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

:roll:

5. I hear they make smashing pies in Melton Mowbray.

6. Is there a link between the veterinary centre and pork pies perhaps? other than most dog handlers are fat lard based pie eating gits (personal experience, please don't barrage me).

7. Dui-lai is the man you want to speak to, very wide experience of dogs.

I'm not sure if he actually managed to train any but he claims he got a few to roll over!

8. Aye...To roll over In FLOUR so he could aim for the damp patch or get them to fart and aim it for the cloud centre!!!

9. Imagine picking the wrong damp patch & hitting a sweaty oxter..............I've made myself feel ill now :-(

10. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Treat it like any other job interview. The first day is indeed just a walk round the camp, the second day is the interviews. Be smart, don't get pissed in the NAAFI on the first night (you wouldn't believe how many people do that!) and BE YOURSELF. The interviews are straight forward and will only ask you obvious questions:

Why do you want to be a Trainer?

What have you got to offer the RAVC?

What will you do if you don't get selected? (One of the favourites this).

In short - SELL YOURSELF

Good Luck

(I am not a trainer, nor one of the selection board - but I do know them all, and do see the candidates traipsing past my office on a regular basis!)

11. thanks for the advice and i will try to not make to much noise when traipsing past your office on thursday..... :D right must start preparing :idea:

12. When you go into the room for the interview you will be told by the panel to...."sit". At this point dont jump up on the couch......

This is so funny ....it could go on forever........

13. Remeber not to sniff their crutch or their arrse, no matter how tempting :wink:

14. ok i can see how this is going..... :eek: :D

15. leg humping is not reccomended