Mel Smith

He is on Celebrity Mastermind at the moment on BBC1.

What the fcuk is up with him?

I'm glad you were thinking the same as me. I just Googled "mel smith voice" before seeing your post, but found nothing.

EDIT: He's lost a bit of weight, too.

He looks and sounds like he has some sort of speech impediment

doesnt look well, or sound well, might just be him turning out full of cold/flu. but that summer bird looks all right

jarrod248 said:
I was wondering that. I know he had an addiction to Nurofen plus but he looks terrible.
I have never heard of anyone being addicted to Ibuprofen.
How the hell does that work?
Does it not rot your guts once one exceeds the recommended dose?

I didn't think he could suck his nose more than he used to.....

the_guru said:
He is on Celebrity Mastermind at the moment on BBC1.

What the fcuk is up with him?
Smith ended up seriously ill in hospital in 1999 after consuming more than 50 Nurofen tablets, the culmination of a growing addiction to the pills. He said at the time that the pressures of film work were a contributing factor, along with a desperate need to ease the pain caused by gout.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Smith

Good old arrse i knew there would be somthing on here !

I wonderd if he had a bit of his Tongue removed due to cancer or somthing

jarrod248 said:
bovvy said:
jarrod248 said:
I was wondering that. I know he had an addiction to Nurofen plus but he looks terrible.
I have never heard of anyone being addicted to Ibuprofen.
How the hell does that work?
Does it not rot your guts once one exceeds the recommended dose?
It's the Nurofen plus with the Codeine in it. Very big problem people addicted to over the counter drugs containing codeine.
Yes large doses rots things and if it's the ones containing Paracetamol dangerous to the Liver or more dangerous.
Ahhhhhh! Thanks jarrod. Yes, I'm well aware of codeine addiction (as a retired RMN) and, of course, the effect of Paracetamol on the liver.

But my knowledge of the contents of compound over-the-counter stuff is reliant on reading the packet.

I have heard he is in the early stages of Parkinsons Disease at the moment, apparently Griff Rhys Jones let it slip on breakfast telly before christmas.

menacingboots said:
Parkinsons Disease? But his name is Smith.
Maybe he contracted it during an interview?

OK, I'll piss off now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olrence The Intelligence Cell 33
fltpilot The NAAFI Bar 2
Infiltrator The Intelligence Cell 69