Meghan Markle is a pacifist and feminist

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not a cockney, a Londoner, a cockney is anyone born within the sound of bow bells, but you knew that anyway, didn't you!
And a generation of people born in the vicinity of Bow Bells speak Yorkish courtesy of the bells being evacuated to Halifax for the duration of the Second World War. Or so I was told in the early 90s.

Edit. Until 1953 if the memory of the hearsay is correct.

Don’t underestimate the number of veggies who would kill for a bacon buttie as long as non of their. Dipshit mates found out about it
Forgive me lord (lard?), for I am a part-time vegetabalist. I eat fish.

About 25 years since I had one, bacon frying is the greatest smell, still.
I have had salmon trimmings, fried, in a butty & it was good. No sauces!

Has anyone seen salmon trimmings recently? they were cheap 2 years ago, then doubled in price and have not seen any for ages. In supermarkets at least, might have to ask at the fishmongers

I bet you know how to pronounce it as well, don't you?
No wonder I get some odd looks when I ask for “kwi-noah”! I quite like the stuff, but “kasha gryczana” (buckwheat groats) is tastier, especially when salted, covered in melted butter and “skwarki” (lardons), as my granny used to make.

Last edited:
It`s not raw. It is traditionally hung over steam until the contents solidify.
Like the French “boudin noir”.

Tomorrow for lunch I shall be having Spud Salad with a large portion of Smoked Polish Ham sausage. Haven`t got a clue how you pronounce it`s name, but pointing and grunting work quite well.
If it’s ham sausage, then it’s probably “szynkowa”. Lean and flavourful.

Tofu and walnut bake..
Don’t underestimate the number of veggies who would kill for a bacon buttie as long as non of their. Dipshit mates found out about it
Not veggie but halal, a prince of a certain Middle Eastern family once asked me to bring him a good bacon buttie on the QT. :)

No wonder I get some odd looks when I ask for “qui-noah”! I quite like the stuff, but “kasha gryczana” (buckwheat groats) is tastier, especially when covered in melted butter and “skwarki” (lardons).
This Keen-wah stuff is modern. Last year I happened to be in a Wetherspoon reading Tim's News in which he gives that pronunciation - having previously heard the TV ad in which Henry Blofeld pronounces it that way.

It was one of those pubs lined with bookshelves filled with random books. Right next to me was a Collins Dictionary 1988 edition so I looked it up. Back then it said Ki-Noah, derived from the Portuguese pronounced Keen-wah.

So that pronunciation is for the pretentious who talk about visiting Paree.

Well this thread has kept me amused while sitting and waiting for a clunky old bird to lift me from a dusty oilfield airstrip in the middle of a desert.

So that's you without a bacon butty for a bit then?
I tend to bring in the vacuum packed pre-cooked Polish bacon which fries up well when sliced. I can get it from Morrisons and it travels well.

Well this thread has kept me amused while sitting and waiting for a clunky old bird to lift me from a dusty oilfield airstrip in the middle of a desert.
..visions of a rather large woman driving a beat up old pickup rocking up...

- what the heck are you doing in strange places ? Or does it require anonymity ?
anyway, stay safe.

Forgive me lord (lard?), for I am a part-time vegetabalist. I eat fish.

About 25 years since I had one, bacon frying is the greatest smell, still.
I have had salmon trimmings, fried, in a butty & it was good. No sauces!

Has anyone seen salmon trimmings recently? they were cheap 2 years ago, then doubled in price and have not seen any for ages. In supermarkets at least, might have to ask at the fishmongers
Thats because thrifty folk cottoned on, and so the greedy bar stewards upped the prices. I have seen offcuts in Asda though.
Was a great ingredient for a smoked salmon carbonara though. Done in next to no time and served with a nice whit wine - luvverly,

And a generation of people born in the vicinity of Bow Bells speak Yorkish courtesy of the bells being evacuated to Halifax for the duration of the Second World War. Or so I was told in the early 90s.

Edit. Until 1953 if the memory of the hearsay is correct.

Halifax, twinned with Stepney, who'd have thought it!

Since Charles and William have the legal power, on their assuming the kingship, to elevate their wives, Camilla and Kate, from the title of Princess Consort to Queen if they wished, then surely Harry also has this ability to so elevate Meghan to Queen. Even though he is currently 6th in line, and Meghan has not yet received UK citizenship, is a Queen Meghan a real possibility?! Stranger things have happened in British royal history!
Indeed

4F0E868A-B675-422D-9E16-C40F5853B8AB.jpeg

[QUOTE="Provost, post: 8584920, member: 19256" Muslim pearly kings and queens[/QUOTE]
What! no bloody way guv, the pearly monarchy is like our regular one, inherited, and their function is raising funds for local charities, and long may it be so. note:- The twins supported the pearly kings and queens, Just Don't ask where the money came from.

Latest Threads