Megastates - California vs. Texas

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by winnfield, Mar 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great article. For those that aren't aware, for the last several years the US states have been leading the way in domestic policy initiatives.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2008-03-01/ennis-1.php

2. I've been in California for almost 7 years and this is the first I've heard about any sense of competition or rivalry. Maybe at the heart of Texan bluster there's an inferiority complex. Give me a second, I'll ask my housemate- a Texan and see if I can get a rise.

3. I believe it was somewhere around the time of the Scopes Monkey Trial and cemented when the term "intelligent design" was coined.

4. As I thought- just checked with the Texan housemate (born and raised in Fort Worth) and she doesn't have the foggiest idea about any rivalry.

5. She, you asked a she about politics and stuff! Are you mad? Find a male Texan and ask him. He will tell you that all Californians are camper than a row of pink tents (or something similar). Find a Californian male and he will say something about illegal wars in Iraq, tofu, gay rights, driving licences for Mexicans and so on, thereby proving that the Texan was correct all along.