Meeting the Future In-Laws

Did anybody else have a strange first encounter with their future in-laws or the then squeeze's parents (not Jools Holland & co.)?
Met the now wife. Fell like a ton of wotever immediately: tall, willowy, elegant brunette. Intelligent and genius picture-restorer and 3d model maker. Italian former international fashion model, yet another bonus.
Went over to Trieste after a few months to meet the family.
Her father, a big bear of a bloke with massive shoulders after years of mixing dough for their chain of bakeries. He approved of my very firm handshake.
Her mother?? Wot the actual f is going on here?? I am looking at the dead spit of MY mother! Five feet nowt, same build, hair same style and dyed the same colour (some breed of reddish), same spectacles, facial features, dark eyes, same smile and dress sense.
Fair took me a while to recover, I can tell you! The plus point was and is that Marta is total goddess of the kitchen whereas I had to learn to cook at quite an early age. My mother's kitchen is generally known as 'ornamental'.

Did you slip one up the mother-in-law?

Yeah.
Mine found out in 3 minutes flat I am of McDonald Clan bloodline.
She was Campbell.
She was an utter knut for the next 45 years. I mean subversive & toxic.
Fortunately for me her daughter was and still is a beautiful peach.

Yeah.
She was Campbell.
I read the first line. I knew what the second was going to be. Yikes!!

Yeah.
She was Campbell.
Did you happen to keep humming Massacre at Glencoe whenever you were in her presence?

Did you happen to keep humming Massacre at Glencoe whenever you were in her presence?
Don't know what her issues were bud.
Not as if it was the Macs who slaughtered the Campbells!
I think she was...well....innately narsty.
I reckon Huge Mistake No1 was attempting to educate her one basic historical factoid.
She actually backed off a good bit when she was "instructed" to just F off one summers day.:)

shadowonarun

Old-Salt
Met the now wife. : tall, willowy, elegant brunette. Intelligent and genius picture-restorer and 3d model maker. Italian former international fashion model,
Did you start this thread simply to crow about the hotness of Mrs Softy?
You know the rules.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Flew to India to meet the future in-laws. Met them in a posh hotel in Bombay.

Her dad looks a bit like Ghandi, mum is small and obviously an older version of the missus with this beaming big smile.

She doesn't understand my rapid British English and just nodded and kept smiling when I stopped talking. Her Dad just sat down and said, 'I Kill You!' just like Ahmed the Dead Terrorist, that had recently come out.

Had a great evening and any worry I had about them being traditionalists and culturally disapproving never entered my mind again.

This always makes me laugh and is quite appropriate:

thoughts.png

I'm lucky in that I've known the Mrs parents since I was about 14 SWMBO & myself were an item in school.
Fast forwards 25 years and the now In Laws are still complete and utter Cnuts. To the extent that the Mrs won't have anything to do with them and the FiL has been told in no uncertain terms that if he tips up at our house he will be getting dropped.

I'm in a slightly weird situation. The future MIL Is only 6 years older than me but seems to have taken to me ok. Always giving us food to take home as she thinks I'm a little thin. She's a retired chef and makes lovely grub.
The mother daughter scenario keeps entering my head for some reason. I wish it wouldn't.

I'm in a slightly weird situation. The future MIL Is only 6 years older than me but seems to have taken to me ok. Always giving us food to take home as she thinks I'm a little thin. She's a retired chef and makes lovely grub.
The mother daughter scenario keeps entering my head for some reason. I wish it wouldn't.
MILF pics or it's not true.
You know the roolz.

It is a bit strange. 0A's mother is 5 months younger than me (she was 17 when my missus was born). As we grew up in different parts of NI, we don't have any mates etc in common, but she seems to have taken to me OK as well. She's a recovering coke-head and has psychiatric issues.

0A's father came round shortly after we moved into our place together, looking for money. He's a waste of space, a West Belfast "Sammy" who doesn't care about anything (like a job!) as long as he has the latest fake Rangers top and money for a carryout.

After threatening to have me "shat"*, he was told in no uncertain terms by various members of my extended family that if he did so again, he'd be the one needing hospital attention. He's never been back.

Thank God my other half isn't anything like either of her parents: a good foster family saw to that.

*shot.

My now wife's father took to me straight away, as i was a serving soldier, and he was an ex green jacket who had done time in Malaya, the mother couldn't care less, it meant one more sprog out of the house, ( Wife one of 9 siblings) and it freed up a bedroom. The 5 brothers all treated me with some suspicion, and the 3 younger sisters thought it was lovely that their big sister was getting webbed up.

Parents in law now both gone, and the wife has totally lost contact with all her brothers and sisters.
we have been together 45 years, married 43.

Latest Threads