Meeting local unit - REME

Evening all,

So I've passed the application stage and the next step is to go to my local REME unit. My candidate manager said there'll be an interview.

Is it more of an informal interview? Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks in advance!

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Take along docs like birth certificate and driving license. Also write down a few of the questions you need to ask. E.G Unit calendar for annual camp , likely recruit course dates and a note of any relevant civilian qualifications

Evening all,

So I've passed the application stage and the next step is to go to my local REME unit. My candidate manager said there'll be an interview.

Thanks in advance!
Good luck

Dshishod

Swinger
Evening all,

Thanks in advance!
Hi, just wondering how you got on? I’m meeting my unit next week and have been told this is an informal meeting, then a formal interview will be set up, if they feel it’s the right fit. How are you finding the process? Be good to get the views of someone who has recently been going through it.

Thanks
Darren

CaptainCod

Swinger
Hi, just wondering how you got on? I’m meeting my unit next week and have been told this is an informal meeting, then a formal interview will be set up, if they feel it’s the right fit. How are you finding the process? Be good to get the views of someone who has recently been going through it.

Thanks
Darren
Morning,
Have you completed your phase 1 and 2 training yet? I completed glencourse the 3 days assessment a few months ago and have never heard of meeting your unit before training is completed.

regards
James

Dshishod

Swinger
Morning,
Have you completed your phase 1 and 2 training yet? I completed glencourse the 3 days assessment a few months ago and have never heard of meeting your unit before training is completed.

regards
James
Not even had selection yet, been told will meet unit, then formal interview then Glencorse for selection if all goes to plan. It’s with Int. Corp, so maybe they do it differently. How did you find Glencorse? What was the 1.5 mile run like? I’ve been trying to get that down but obviously not best time of year with all the eating etc. but have it at around 11 minutes, want to smash it though. So I’m comfortable if/when go to selection. Have you got a date for your phase 1 training? I’m guessing you passed selection.

Thanks
Darren

11 minutes is more than enough, don’t over exert yourself. Just relax, don’t panic about the interview, be yourself

CaptainCod

Swinger
Not even had selection yet, been told will meet unit, then formal interview then Glencorse for selection if all goes to plan. It’s with Int. Corp, so maybe they do it differently. How did you find Glencorse? What was the 1.5 mile run like? I’ve been trying to get that down but obviously not best time of year with all the eating etc. but have it at around 11 minutes, want to smash it though. So I’m comfortable if/when go to selection. Have you got a date for your phase 1 training? I’m guessing you passed selection.

Thanks
Darren
Hi glencourse was fine you do a 800m warm up jog with the instructors first. You don’t even have a rest after the jog, it’s straight to the 1.2 mile run along a path next to the river :)
Kind regards
James

CaptainCod

Swinger

Thanks
Darren
Start phase 1 6th feb at winchester

mccarronm3

Clanker
anyone know what the gen dit is with the rejoiners interview with new unit? is it formal or informal? what sort of things are they going to be looking at? whats it all about

The_Duke

LE
anyone know what the gen dit is with the rejoiners interview with new unit? is it formal or informal? what sort of things are they going to be looking at? whats it all about
Experience will vary, depending on who is sitting opposite you on the other side of the desk.

When I did them, it was very much Q&A both ways, more about allowing the potential rejoiner to ask questions they may have, and for me to find out more about them (and how realistic their expectations were).

mccarronm3

Clanker
okay cheers guys! all about making a good impression then seems simple enough

The_Duke

LE
I would say it is more about making sure that both sides are clear on expectations - not a good impression.

I never cared whether the guy was wearing Savile Row or site clothes. I was interested in if he genuinely wanted to rejoin, understood what it would require of him and was willing to commit to it.

As I said, other may have a different approach though.

mccarronm3

Clanker
I would say it is more about making sure that both sides are clear on expectations - not a good impression.

I never cared whether the guy was wearing Savile Row or site clothes. I was interested in if he genuinely wanted to rejoin, understood what it would require of him and was willing to commit to it.

As I said, other may have a different approach though.
cheers ill go in tomorrow and show them i want to be apart of it and will put the work in

Latest Threads