MEET NUMBER 4 COMMANDO

Not Blond enough, pretty enough, or clothed enough to be real Commandos. Mind you their Company Commander seems to be absent, so maybe they are authentic after all. :twisted:

Why do people always feel the need to re-enact units with a "special" nature, as opposed to simply a Royal Engineers or a Royal Signals unit.

It wouldn't look so walty then.

8O

"If you have a window that needs licking, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the 4 Commando Team!"

Some very 'interestingly' shaped berets - cow pats and omlettes on heads! 8O

Be fair...if one of them fell out of a plane they'd cause considerable damage, especially that potentially large blob of jam top row second left in.

Ah i suppose it brings a little bit of sunshine in there otherwise dull and
uninteresting lives...Bless em!

WW....gay or what, you have me in need of stitches you old bugger lol..... they are a touch close, who is leading lol :))

Typical shite re-enactor walts. Who dressed the SCNCO? Should be shot.

Why?

A starter for ten? Who am I?

Gulp...that is seriously gay. Why is a WO2 wearing a Sam Browne too?

At least their kit appears to be clean - especially their boots. If you are going to re-enact (oops...walt it up) then you could at least put the fecking hours in bulling your kit.

Re-enactors... Personally I dont think they really class as walts provided they're trying to re-create historic campaigns (as opposed to modern)

In some ways, I think they can be a positive influence as they generate a lot of interest from kids and joe public in the history of the armed forces that you wouldn't normally see.

I've never met anyone that was part of a re-enactment group before so cant say I know if they try to pass themselves off as the real deal..surely would be a bit difficult seeing as they're all in period uniforms?

Having said that..when you see Airsofters walking around shows like "War and Peace" in Kent , whilst dressed in modern uniforms/wearing modern kit... then thats when it starts getting a but bubious in my book...

hornepils said:
Re-enactors... Personally I dont think they really class as walts provided they're trying to re-create historic campaigns (as opposed to modern)

In some ways, I think they can be a positive influence as they generate a lot of interest from kids and joe public in the history of the armed forces that you wouldn't normally see.

I've never met anyone that was part of a re-enactment group before so cant say I know if they try to pass themselves off as the real deal..surely would be a bit difficult seeing as they're all in period uniforms?

Having said that..when you see Airsofters walking around shows like "War and Peace" in Kent , whilst dressed in modern uniforms/wearing modern kit... then thats when it starts getting a but bubious in my book...

I tend to agree. If someone is a living history re-enactor for the historic value and has done his homework as to the correct attire for the period and knows his history of the unit he portrays, then it is an asset to the young kids who take an interest in such things and the public who seem to enjoy the spectacle, providing that thier stature and (build) while portraying the period is also correct. There is nothing worse than seeing somebody in period uniform who is overweight or clearly undernourished, who wears the attire incorrectly, whilst sporting long hair or sideburns.

With regards to Battle Re-enactment groups. I can never understand the need to re-enact a battle. I know Joe public likes to watch such things and the groups get some perverse pleasure from it. I know thier space for these battles are often restricted to small area's but FFS get a choregrapher. The scenario's are pathetic and often embarrasing to watch, and if you believe these groups, all the units in WW2 were either para's or commando's.

Then there are the people who visit militaria collectors fairs in full WW2 uniform FFS, get a life or join the real thing, you do not realize how daft you look.

hornepils said:

Having seen a few airsofters, shouldn't that be bulbous? :D