Meet Me at Hot or Not!!

Is this

• Good form

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A massive waaaaah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why an army occifer when he has an AF crest on his arm...... errrrrrr walt

There used to be only two reasons to wear a flying suit.

One was to hit a German disco.

I can't remember the other one.

mistersoft said:

Well it was'nt for flying because Mr Canterbury put a stop to that in the late eighties I believe.

mistersoft said:

When combined with the Top Gun RayBan's (we are talking early 90's here), to swan around airshows and get groupies telephone numbers.

Allegedly they were sometimes used for something else, but I can't recall what.

mpsman said:
mistersoft said:

Well it was'nt for flying because Mr Canterbury put a stop to that in the late eighties I believe.
I thought it went quiet all of a sudden.

Remember hitting a disco out in the sticks near the Dummer See and there were more flying suits there than we had aircrew at Minden.

Wasn't too sure about the one dyed pink though.

Scorrpy said:
My 7" pulls more bints than a flying suit ever did.
Wow! You mean that vinyl really does that? .......................... I'm sure I've got some old singles around here somewhere.....

Just after gazelle came into service I did what was called a "local observers course" (we only had one Wallop trained Observer, Mick Gas....) and got to wear flying babygrows for the course. Half way through a naxex we got diverted to fly out a poor grunt who'd drowned on a river crossing. After consulting the instruction book to we managed to remove the left stick and tilt the seat. Another ten minutes and we had the departed with his head in the storage space and his feet in the cab. That didn't seem quite right so after another 10 minutes we got him turned round. At that point a gentleman from the RMP announced that he had to go with the body. That left me on the ground waving goodbye and scrounging a lift off the polizei to the nearest station. Hours later I got back to Minden and was legging it back towards St Georges when the OC came crusing by in his car. With a scowl he passed on leaving me to catch a bus to Kingsley where the duty driver eventually turned up having finished his tea. Next morning Kipper H....y, the SSM, invited me in to his office and kindly dished out 3 extras for wearing flying kit off camp and 3 more for not wearing a beret and thus not saluting the OC when he drove by.

PLOD

Old-Salt
Mick G. Wah, now there's a blast from the past !
Knew him at Nethers. I think it was his last posting before retiring back to Wales.
Recall him telling me once about he and his brother's tv aerial business. They'd letter drop an area then go back a few days later and put metal staples through people's aerials. Innitiative, or what ?!
Had a day out in Aldershot with him once. I got growled at as we walked into the Pegasus. All went quiet as soon as he walked in !!!

Mick G story 1:

652 Hildeshiem 1982, one of the Sergeant pilots (ex Monkey, now commissioned and a really good bloke) had a small TV for sale but couldn't shift it no matter how hard he tried. One morning Mick says "how much do you want for the TV Sarge?" Dave - oops sorry - the Sergeant says "200 D's" and Mick says "I'll give you 150 for it - final offer" Reluctantly the Sergeant agrees and says he will bring it in after lunch. Said TV arrives and just as Mick hands over the cash a very young Airtrooper arrives from 651/661? and asks for Cpl G... Mick turns around with the TV and says "there you go son, just 250 D's to you as I said last night!"

I nearly p*ssed myself looking at Dave's face!

Mick G story 2:

About '78 664(PARA) as they were then were in Aldergrove. The OC Frank E (later colonel Frank, CFI at Wallop) decided to go for a run around the peri-track and about half way along was picked up by the RAF Police for being in a restricted area. Unfortunately he had no ID on him so they took him to the Guardroom until someone could be brought to ID him. "No problems" says Frank, "I'm Major E.. from 664 Sqn, they'll send someone around to get me" The only person the snowdrops could find at the Sqn was Lcpl Mick - the duty driver. Mick rolls up to the Guardroom and when they slide the little window open on the cell door he says "never seen him in my life" Mick went back and picked him up about an hour later. Frank himself told me the story with tears running down his face, I think he was laughing.

beef

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arrse_onist Photography 35
A RLC 41
Q Aviation 27