medieval 2 or rome total war??

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by cheggarsRE, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. has anyone got either of these and willing to do a gizza?? i want to get into them to while away the tour hours but can't just pop to HMV or game... anyone that doesnt use it and willin to give either up plz pm me???

2. shall have a rummage in the loft. might have a copy of both :?

3. been in the loft and have them. which one you prefer ?

4. You can't have either of mine! top games though-and Empire:Total War is out next year! Thats going to be very cool, Total War series in the 18th century & napoleonic Wars, you get to set up the British Empire!

5. i'll have some of that :D itching for this release

6. is it (empire: total war) a RTS ala Command and Conquer or more in depth than build and destroy?

7. Cheggars, PM sent.

8. Praying Mantis its a combination of the two-you play most of the game in a 'strategic' turn-based view, with a top-down map of cities, where you build assorted upgrades to get more money and better units, then when you go into battle it becomes RTS a la Commnd & conquer-apprently Empire: Total War lets you fight naval battles in RTS as well as land ones...

9. COOL
    sounds good, when does it come out?

10. awesome response guys!! i've replied to the PM but am genuinely thankful for the replies and offers!!

i eagerly await the next one if i like these and if there is any old classics any of you wish to try then do as i did and i'll try return the favour!!!

once again thank you and godspeed!

11. Mantis, check it out, looks feckin good. as a fan of TW since shogun i cant want for empires.

http://www.sega.co.uk/empire/

12. ...wet!!

13. quality game! I had one here to send also nevermind, can wish away many hours on the single player ... love it.

14. You need a bit of Silent Hunter 3! Roaming the North Sea in a victorious U-Boot!

15. u-boat's always give me the feeling of germans and ruskies..i prefer spears and marching columns!!