Medics trained as EOD?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by PompeySailor, Mar 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it's only telly, but on Casualty tonight, the aussie/new zealand "colonel" doctor put her stethoscope against a bomb and declared it to be a "delayed action fuse", before giving morale-boosting orders to a PTSD ex-soldier, then carrying out an amputation on scene.

Are they being cross trained now, or are the script writers taking bigger liberties than usual?! ;-)

2. Seems this Doc is about as switched on as us other Muitl Traded RLC bods..

Dvr-Rad Ops!

Come on the fag ops dont desert me now..lolol

Right Im off before the abuse comes!!!

3. Yep, cross training at its very very best. Doctor puts stethoscope against bomb and asks "how are you feeling the the moment?".

Bomb says "Okay at the moment, but I could snap at any minute."

Diagnosis: Delayed action.

In future a pyschiatric nurse will be deployed to talk to the bomb about issues of self harm and why it thinks blowing itself up is such a good idea.

4. as she walked towards it, i said to the missus "if this fucking idiot does any sort of bomb disposal, i'm never watching casualty again"

5. You should watch 'Dark Star' - very funny. Exactly that scenario.

6. Apparently she is going to Afghanistan for "peace and quiet" after Holby...'kin hell, she puts a plaster on, gets snogged by an ambulance tech, and suddenly she can't cope with the pressure?

Then again, she did manage to throw a piece of paper with a PTSD Doc's number on it at the ex-squaddie. You know the type, shaking, violent tendencies, killed an innocent child - the usual stereotype that the scriptwriters chuck out then they are too lazy to think.

7. And theres me watching Dragons Den trying to look up Deborah Meadon's skirt!

8. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Its drama for God sake no one said is has to make sense or be true.

It never does and never will.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, or even a bad one…

Pidgy

9. You all sat there and watched Casualty?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Bloody hell, did the missus hide the remote? There was footy on Sky as well.

10. Agreed...... :meditate:

11. I didn't watch it, but, as a medic I am disgusted! I cannot believe that 'those civvie people' now believe that RAMC Doctors defused bombs!

We need to put the story straight and let them know that it is in fact an everyday role for a RAMC Combat Medical Technician (with a little help of a Loggie and an Engineer or two) and not, as shown in casualty, a Doctor.

:numberone:

:thumleft:

12. Hooray, at last someone who watched Dark Star. You beat me to that comment Bubbles!

13. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

So it's not just me then :headbang:

14. it was only the scum and arsenal. i watched the proper match on tuesday night. :)

15. Was that the scum going through though!!

As for the TV drama thing apparently Judge John Deed tried a Squaddie for war crimes the other week.