medically rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there. this is my first post so il keep it simple.
iv recently recived an email saying that I am not medically fit to join the army. I rang and spoke to the army asking what reason I have been medically rejected and was no record on there computers to say why I was?
iv waited over a week and a half now for the letter to say why I was reject and still not had anything?
iv visited my GP Two days ago and explained the situation with him and he said there is no reson, physically, medically or mentally why I should not be able to get in. I want to appeal against this and my doctor has agreed to write me a letter to send off to the army with evidence that I am fit to join but dont know how to go about it? what is a rough time scale on which I will hear back from the army regarding my appeal? am i wasting my time appealing against this? any advice will be much appreciated as this is the only career I want and need.
many thanks

Last edited:
hi there. this is my first post so il keep it simple.
iv recently recived an email saying that I am not medically fit to join the army. I rang and spoke to the army asking what reason I have been medically rejected and was no record on there computers to say why I was?
iv waited over a week and a half now for the letter to say why I was reject and still not had anything?
iv visited my GP Two days ago and explained the situation with him and he said there is no reson, physically, medically or mentally why I should not be able to get in. I want to appeal against this and my doctor has agreed to write me a letter to send off to the army with evidence that I am fit to join but dont know how to go about it? what is a rough time scale on which I will hear back from the army regarding my appeal? am i wasting my time appealing against this? any advice will be much appreciated as this is the only career I want and need.
many thanks
The problem is that the company that has been contracted to run recruitment these days will reject you, if you once had a cold as a child - computer says no!, that type of thing. Once you appeal, it goes (supposedly) to a human being.

so do you think once my letter from me and my gp has been recived, ecerything should go smoothly? like I said my doc said that there is no reason to why I should of been reject...its put me on a bit of a downer really as I was really relying on this to fall through..I have no other options available work wise as I dont habe decent quals and cannot afford to pay for college courses ect..

so do you think once my letter from me and my gp has been recived, ecerything should go smoothly? like I said my doc said that there is no reason to why I should of been reject...its put me on a bit of a downer really as I was really relying on this to fall through..I have no other options available work wise as I dont habe decent quals and cannot afford to pay for college courses ect..
Once you get your official letter outlining why you were rejected take it from there. One step at a time yeah?

Once you get your official letter outlining why you were rejected take it from there. One step at a time yeah?

Take the above wise advice, you do not want to waste a letter from your GP until you know the specific reason for medical rejection, GPs don't write letters willingly very often, so rather than a general "my patient is fit physically and mentally" blah blah type GP letter, it is better to wait and be able to inform GP of specific reason for rejection then get a supportive letter that focuses on that..

yeah I suppose so. just hoping everying falls into place. thank you for your help. appreciate it
Quite a few appeals are upheld mate. When I first applied for the TA many moons ago, I was rejected for being obese. And I mean "fat bastard" type obesity, and not the "rugby player" type of obesity that is the fallacy of the BMI system. But a letter from my doctor and a sensible person at glasgow ensured that I was given a chance to prove the system wrong. And there are other stories of successful appeals on this forum.
Keep us updated. Don't loose heart, but remember that things take time. So bear with it. Use this time to get fit as fcuk, and research, research research everything that you can about your chosen trade. Also take this opportunity to brush up on your core education skills. Good luck.

ah thank you. I will do that then. he is waiting for me to call him for details anyway so I will wait for my letter to come. hopefully it will be soon as iv been waiting around a week and a half for it to arrive. thank you.

I wont loose heart. if anything it is making me want it more. thanks for your advice and as soon as I hear anything I will inform you on whats been said. really appreciate the advice. il start researching first thing in morning. thanks again

I take it you ticked yes to something in the Online Medical Questionnaire? As Ho said above, the software is designed to immediately **** you off if you declare even a stubbed toe! Wait for the letter from NRC then go through the appeal process. If your GP is on the ball it should only take a few weeks. The biggest hurdle is the Medical Admin Team at NRC!

I think so, im not entirely sure if I am honest. I will do hopefully everything will work out, I will just have to be patient. he seems pretty on it and was willing to do his best to help out. thank you for your help

Mick Harris

Old-Salt
That's good advice about telling them nothing if you do get another chance and as already stated by another poster try to find out specifically why you were rejected as a GP letter aimed at that if the reason is bollocks will be better than a broad, 'This man has a head a couple of legs' type letter....last but not least good luck.

The_Duke

LE
Off you go to the medical sticky please.

For the "comedians" out there, stick to the NAAFI not the recruiting boards please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads