Medical

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Innuit, Oct 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Completed my medical for TA last night and all was ok except the fact the doc stated that I was colour blind. I've never noticed thsi before, but seems I have trouble distinguishing between dark browns and dark reds.

Does anyone know if this is going to stop me joining up as nobody at the Recruiting Office seemed to know for definite. Apparently, it is a condition common in most males.

Any help or advice greatly recieved...

2. You should have no problem, certain Corps (AAC) or trades may place a restriction but I think it may only be for red-green or total colour blindness.

3. I was looking to join Infantry, MG's to be precise, so best to keep my fingers crossed eh?

4. I'm honestly not up to date but if your pulheems are FE then no problems.

5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Your Colour Perception grade does effect your trade choice, but from what you describe I very much doubt that you'll be barred from any role in the Infantry.

6. I have red-green colour blindness, wasn't allowed armoured or artillery , infantry should be fine...

7. Obviously not up to date!! FE is now FD and has been for at least 12 months!

PW

8. What does FD stand for then and what are the other cats?

9. My 2p worth, I believe its mainly the "technical" corps that will see colour perception as being a problem. ie Signals REME arty etc. However thats not to say you cannot join the sigs as an op or something, just being a techy would be a bit difficult.

10. Polar69,

just want to get my feet cold and have boots on the ground as a simple rifleman so things are looking a bit more positive than 24hrs ago

11. I remmeber at ADSC some lads couldn't go inf because of colour blindness, stand to be corrected though.

12. Judging by your user name you should be used to that.

13. Well good luck ! :D

14. From PULHEEMS Pamphlet 2007 (Issued Sep 07)

FD = Fully Deployable on OPs
    LD = Limited Deployability on OPs
    RE(PP) = Pregnant
    ND = Non Deployable on OPs
    HO = Home Only (UK/Belgium & Germany)
    HO (UK) = Home only UK
    None = Undergoing treatment (normally upgradeable within 12 months)