Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Yorkshire_Warrior, Apr 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.
    I know this subject has been done to death on these forums, but my question is specific and I didn't feel like hijacking sombodys elses thread.

Are there any differeneces between standards between the regular and TA medicals. What with all this "one army" business??

Surley if sombody is wanting to go reg, who is currently TA, their medical details can be just transfared across without them doing the whole recuit selection business again.

Anybody in the know, or anybody wish to comment. Crack on.

2. I don't know about nowadays, but 20 years ago the TA medical was taken by a local doctor at his surgery, and the regular medical was taken by an RAMC officer above the ACIO (at least it was in Glasgow).

The TA medical was rather more perfunctory.

Hope this is of help.
  3. Nah, there's a chance something will have changed. They could just do a PULHEEMS review on whack it on an Fmed566(?) but I don't think they do it like that, its the full whack.
  4. I don't think they do an STI check so you should be fine.
  5. As far as I am aware the TA and Reg medicals are 'technically' the same.

When I applied for the regs 2 years ago I had to filll in the same forms and go for a full medical despite being in the TA already.

TA MO never made me walk like a duck tho.......
  6. its a reg MO doing mine apparently.
  7. Yes I had my medical for the TA just recently, it was at a civvie doctors surgery, and I had all the basic tests (eyesight, hearing, weight, height, and of course, my balls. :roll:
    I passed :D
  8. There was a civvy doctor at TAC for my medical, a paramedics did all the eyesight, hearing, BP tests etc...and the doctor listened to my heartbeat, told me to move arms etc in various positions and then did the hernia test...kegs down but didnt cup the balls...2 fingers both side just below my waist
  9. Yes! Did he/she ask you to cough! I never understood why I was asked to cough.... :?
  10. aye i had to cough, must be something be able to feel something or not when you cough....but i honestly dont know :S
  11. The regular army stores its medical information on a computer and the TA on paper forms, so their is the hassle of getting them sent through the post. TA records will normally be very basic, they'd probably get more info from your NHS records
  12. They are feeling if the testes move normally and to exclude a varicocoele - a collection of varicose veins in the scrotum - and hernias.

There are better ways to do these, but we urologists keep them secret.