Medical

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by R3me_Kid, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I applied to the army in september but unsucessfully got in as i failed my medical, i was wondering does the RAF have the same requirement/restrictions as the army?

2. I believe it's pretty much the same.

You may still be allowed to apply for the RAF but I suppose it depends on why you failed the Army medical.

3. i failed because of an earlier suicide attempt....like nearly 2years ago now

4. I doubt you'll be let in then to be honest.

5. on the hospital records it jus says posioning of aspirin....
    but obv they'd put 2+2 together
    but on my deferal letter it said i can try again in june 2008 which im goin to do :)

6. HI

you can still get into the Army after a suicide attempt, but i dont know how long the time is between applying again. I took an overdose 3 years or so before i joined up and nothing was said. They dont always know everything about your docs. Maybe think about joining the TA until your time in 2008 to apply again? :thumright:

7. hmm i havent really thought about it, as im at college anyway, so i dont see much point, its only like 16 months away

8. I think the defferal time is 3 years (not positive though)

DH

9. For the want of repeating myself

The PULHHEEMS pamphlet sets the standard entry requirement for service

It is a JSP - Joint Service Publication - i.e it covers Army, Navy and RAF

10. I strongly suspect the TA has the same requirements about how long one must be "suicide attempt-free" as the regs. Both go down equally bad in the papers. Nevertheless, I'm not an MO, so you might give it a shot.

If you try and join the RAF, I suspect there'll be a question like, "Have you ever applied to HM services before? If so, what happened?". In which case, you are compelled to tell them you failed the medical previously.

Lying is not an option, unless you wish to be crushed and spat out of the military machine when you are caught.

Anyway. Good luck.

FF.

11. For the want of repeating myself

The PULHHEEMS pamphlet sets the standard entry requirement for service

It is a JSP - Joint Service Publication - i.e it covers Army, Navy and RAF

Sorry - the Army= Regular and TA.

The JSP covers all recruits, its just that some TA units interprit the rules differently