Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by crosbunny, Jan 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Told you I would be asking lots of questions, so please be nice
    The army medical what is exactly looked at while going through this, I've had my weight issue answered but would be nice to know what to expect
  2. From the top of my head:

Piss in a container
    stethascope check of heart lungs etc
    some bending etc to check joints
    drop trousers balls felt for hernia
    cover one eye, do eye test, do other eye
    doc lets go of balls.

That was my last one atleast fo rthe first it may be longer asking about previous medical history. Nothing to worry about really.

3. should also do height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, test for colour blindness, lung function and an audio test.
  4. Expect lots of hanging around and to be shouted at for no very good reason.
  5. cheeers fella's the shouting doesn't bother me I'm married!! :D
    And having your balls felt isn't so bad at least it's not the tax man
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

....and to find out that you can't, in fact, pee on demand........get paranoid when you're the last one standing there. Eventually produce a specimen two hours later (or that could just be me)
  7. I had mine last month, all of the above was included but the ball check, which was a disappointment, oh well.

and also a colour blind test.

good luck mate its nothing to worry about at all.
  8. Someone mentioned audio test. I'm hard of hearing but wouldlike to join. anyine know what the requirements are by dB???
  9. My balls were left unmolested. Hearing, peak flow, urine, BP, sight test, colourblindness, oh and the doc checked my chest, joints and grip. Also asked if I was a skier...? wtf? Height & weight also measured.

Think that's it. don't know what the limits were for hearing, but the test was fukcing boring
  10. I had the same. Doc merely asked to see my balls and cock area to check for any hernia around the groin. Well, thats what he said, I reckon he actually wanted me conkers deep in his arrse but didn't have the balls (no pun intended) to ask.

And the skiing is because the side to side motion of your knees whilst skiing tends to fuck them up. Think about what a skiers knees do while he's going down a slope, and then think that a human knee is meant to go front to back, not side to side.

Thats why. :D