Medical?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by COLT16, Jan 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello. Just come across this website tonight and plesantly surprised with all the info on it!
    Got my briefing coming up and just wanted to know about medical examinations during the whole Sandhurst entry. Is there just the one when it comes to the the PCCBC, or is there one for the briefing then one at mainboard then the last at PCCBC? and what does it involve? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Tried searching all I can see is that theres 1 medical at PCCBC?

3. All other medicals are done by your local GP untill PCCBC as far as I know.

4. My first medical was at Mainboard.... it is pretty generic... they go through your medical history, play with your joints, your balls, make you do a lung capacity test, hearing, eyesight etc..... Im yet to have my PCCBC but the paperwork says thats its an indepth medical... if they find anything at all they arent happy with they'll defer you...

5. Welcome to ARRSE.

Before attending your briefing you will have taken your medical forms to your GP and they will have sent them off. This is the only medical you do before the actual main board, unless something on those documents flags up a certain concern, at which point you will go at the very end of your briefing for additional medical examination. You would be informed that you had to undergo these once you first arrive at the briefing.

Unfortunately a few people on my briefing achieved cat 1's and 2(3 phys)'s and were extatic, then they were told 15minutes later that they couldn't attend due to medical reasons - one of which was a family history of depression.

If you know your medical documents wouldn't have shown anything up then you will only have the main board medical to look forward to.

6. Thankyou very much for all the help.........They play with your balls? what exactly went on at your medical?? lol