Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Medical volunteers

peshmerga

Swinger
Hello all, I am here in the hopes of gaining some medical volunteers.

I am veteran from the British Army and have been working on and off in Iraqi Kurdistan since August 2014 volunteering assistance to the Kurdish Peshmerga who are currently fighting ISIS.

We now have an official training program in place which is fully sanctioned by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the Ministry of Peshmerga. Please see here Peshmerga Volunteers - PV

We currently have a requirement for people who have medical training which is why I'm here. We run a mix of BCDT and EMT training and have been asked to offer more advanced levels to select Peshmerga in the future.

We do this on a voluntary basis at the moment till we can officially establish an NGO but you are provided with food and accommodation.

If anyone is interested please get in touch, feel free to look at our page and look at or photos.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 105
As I said all on a voluntary basis, we've deployed over 50 people into country to date all doing various things while there, one things has became apparent is that they (Peshmerga) lack the very basic of skills so we are trying to give them the skills, this is a 5 year plan if things continue to run well.

Last edited:
As I said all on a voluntary basis, we've deployed over 50 people into country to date all doing various things while there, one things has became apparent is that they lack the very basic of skills so we are trying to give them the skills, this is a 5 year plan if things continue to run well.
To clarify, you have deployed over 50 individuals without the required skill set(s), into an operational role? Not a very encouraging statement.

One shit photo?

You need this bloke. He'll sort you out (or clean you out)
SNN29233C_280_720866a.jpg

And for the end of course sods opera he does a mean Freddy Mercury impression

Who said they don't have the required skill set? All people who are deployed are former military we do not take civilians unless they have skills such as surgeons. One of which we should have on route in the next month.

You said it? Forgive my paraphrase, but it translates.

As I said all on a voluntary basis, we've deployed over 50 people into country to date all doing various things while there, one things has became apparent is that they lack the very basic of skills so we are trying to give them the skills, this is a 5 year plan if things continue to run well.