Medical Supplies Agency R.I.P

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by patchemup, Mar 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken From Hansard: Wed 23rd March's Defence Questions

Medical Supplies Agency
    The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (Mr. Adam Ingram): With effect from 1 April 2005 the Medical Supplies Agency (MSA) will cease to hold agency status. This has been decided as a result of Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO) restructuring proposals and the findings of the DLO/MSA integration review report.

Following the medical quinquennial review and the DLO/MSA integration review report, the ownership of the MSA transferred from the Surgeon General's Department (now the Defence Medical Services Department) to the DLO on 1 April 2002. The MSA is now integrated into the broad supply chain within the DLO. The MSA has ceased to be a storage and distribution organisation, has adopted DLO's business processes and has reduced in size. The MSA's role and business have undergone significant change and are no longer appropriate or large enough to justify agency status. I have therefore decided that agency status for the Medical Supplies Agency should cease and that the organisation should be retitled the Medical Supplies Integrated Project Team

Medical Supplies Integrated Project Team?/i]

Can anyone think of anything else more misleading?
  2. Yes, 93 Medical Supply Squadron :roll: