• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

medical students refuse to learn alcohol or std diseases

If the Daily Wail is to be believed, it would now appear that our Muslim Trainee drs are now choosing what illnesses they will or will not learn to treat.....

Muslim medical students are refusing to learn about alcohol-related illnesses and sexually-transmitted diseases because they say it goes against their religious beliefs.

And a small number are even refusing to examine patients of the opposite sex because they say it is forbidden by the Koran.

The General Medical Council and the British Medical Association both say they have heard of cases of trainee doctors having religious objections.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/posting/mode=newtopic/f=53.html

If you want to learn to be a Doctor in Britain then you learn to deal with all possible illnesses and all parts of the community - otherwise please feel free to leave this Country and go elsewhere

If they don't want to deal with the whole community then the answer is painfully simple, go and get your training in a country where the illnesses you feel you can't handle don't exist. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would gladly take your place on the Uni course.

No modern doctor swear to the hippocratic oath anymore anyway.

But this is abhorrent. Hopefully, the GMC and the NHS will do the right thing (in the event of wilful non-compliance - refusal to allow registration, termination of course, and demand for reumbursement of course fees)

Edit: Oh wait. Its the daily hate. :oops:

Notwithstanding the oath, surely they cannot qualify as doctors if they don't complete the syllabus.

Bit like expecting to cpmplete basic but opting out of drill and NBC.

Referring to a similar topic, why hasn't anyone yet asked not to handle pig meat at the supermarket checkout? And what should they be told if they do?

Alcohol, pork, cow meat... the list is extensive. All perfectly acceptable in the UK, but all out of bounds for certain religious groups.

How far do we go in accommodating their beliefs?

I reckon they should refuse to treat RTAs cos there's no cars in the bible or koran. There are no electrocutions either, no diabetics in the bible, no place crashes. I don't remember any caesarian sections, any housefires. What exactly do they want to treat!

PoisonDwarf said:
I reckon they should refuse to treat RTAs cos there's no cars in the bible or koran. There are no electrocutions either, no diabetics in the bible, no place crashes. I don't remember any caesarian sections, any housefires. What exactly do they want to treat!
Other muslims?

My God tells me to help people regardless of who they are; in fact, the bigger an arrsehole someone is, the more they need to be cared for. I am sure that a great many Muslim doctors feel the same way but those who don't may like to consider if they are (a) in the right profession and (b) on the right continent.

The answer is that they have. Muslims have refused to have anything to do with alcohol at supermarket checkouts. Of course they can't be sacked because they have human rights; so, how many supermarket checkout girls does it take to check through a bottle of scotch? Pork is on ly a matter of time and by the time this is read - if ever - will have happened.

OK, it's from the Daily Hate, so I'm going to take this with the requisite truck-load of salt, but let's say a God botherer is on a paleontology course and can't deal with evolution... they fail the course, nice and simple.

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

They'll probably end up as MO's.

crabtastic said:
OK, it's from the Daily Hate, so I'm going to take this with the requisite truck-load of salt, but let's say a God botherer is on a paleontology course and can't deal with evolution... they fail the course, nice and simple.

Speaking as a God botherer myself... I have to say that I agree with you.

Back in the dim 'n' distant when I started at college, the head of the department came into the lab on the first day to have a wee chat.

Studying the assembled spotty mass, with their brand new labcoats gleaming, he said "this course involves animal dissection. If you can't accept this or will not do this, you will not pass, and need to rethink your course choice immediately".

Fairly simple Ja? Of course this was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away*

*(Okay, 1990 and North Wales)

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
crabtastic said:
...but let's say a God botherer is on a paleontology course and can't deal with evolution... they fail the course, nice and simple.

Well I am heading for a 2:1 in my BSc, didn't effect me ;) Its all about how you interpret the word 'Be'. Having solely a 'classical' physics and/or biological perspective could presents problems, but 'Be' in the realm of the absolute could be 10 million years in our timeline; I had this very conversation with a fellow muslim in year one, he didn't enjoy the course as he felt it conflicted with his beliefs. In actuality Islam teaches Adam was moulded from clay before spirit was breathed into him, which to my mind suggests the evolutionary process and the passage of time. I think what he meant was that it conflicted with the 'teacher that got hold of him when he was 5''s beliefs. When one view of religion is indoctrinated into a child at an early age it is very difficult for him to be rational, its part of him, and usually to think beyond those parameters, by the nature of indoctrination, triggers feelings of treachery and betrayal. I suppose having an atheist humanist mother has some advantages ;)

blah blah blah...

if the don't like it they should go elsewhere..... blah blah blah

we adopt to their ways in their countries....blah blah blah

islamists aren't the biggest danger to this country...apathy is!

Crabtastic wrote:

OK, it's from the Daily Hate
Crabby, it was also in the Sunday Times and Telegraph. The BMA and GMC have issued comment as have the Muslim Council of Britain, so I suspect it's a little more than a scare story.

Best way to wind up a Sun/Mail/Mirror/Express reader:

Tell them paedophiles are the natural predators of illegal immigrants. Watch their little brains revolve until they burst into flames!

CaptainPlume said:
The BMA and GMC have issued comment as have the Muslim Council of Britain, so I suspect it's a little more than a scare story.
In the same article in the Daily Hate are the following snippets:

Professor Peter Rubin, chairman of the GMC's education committee, said:
'Examples have included a refusal to see patients who are affected by diseases caused by alcohol or sexual activity, or a refusal to examine patients of a particular gender.'
But he said trainees who refused to carry out these parts of their courses would not be allowed to graduate because 'prejudicing treatment on the grounds of patients' gender or their responsibility for their condition would run counter to the most basic principles of ethical medical practice.'

Dr Abdul Majid Katne of the Islamic Medical Association said he did not support students who wanted to opt out of certain aspects of their courses.

So there you have it. A complete non-story that has given oxygen to some total cúnts who only make these demands to see what they can get away with. They crave the publicity and when given it try and escalate the situation and use the attention to propagate their apostacy/idiocy.

Well done to all journos concerned for bringing to national attention the actions of a couple of fúckwits who may now have managed to push their stupid line to many more muslims than otherwise possible, rather than the twáts involved quietly failing all their exams in the summer and being kicked off their courses, while at the same time making a huge number of people reinforce their belief that all muslims are evil and live in the stone age.

Just thought I would add this from the Scum as it ties in nicely:

Shock and horror as MoD supplies uniform for soldiers

I mean God forbid that a Sikh soldier would be issued his turban or any anglo-saxon soldier be issued a beret or a Jock given a tam o'shanter. Another complete non-story. Even if the ladies concerned do not want one at the moment, they need to be held in store for the eventuality of when a muslim lady joins the Army and requires a hijab, otherwise the same newspaper will run a story about "Muslim squaddie demands to wear own headress" or other such bólloxs.

For those who cannot follow the link:

POLITICALLY correct MoD officials are to issue free hijabs to female Muslim troops — while front line soldiers are having to buy their own kit.

Under new service dress regulations, six of the Islamic hijabs will be given to each Muslim servicewoman wanting them.

But it has sparked fury amid an MoD cash crisis. Squaddies also claim the hand-out is unfair as they pay out of their own pockets to observe strict military dress rules.

The Sun can also reveal that so far, NONE of the ten serving female Muslims even wants to wear hijabs at work.

But MoD officials have ordered a batch of 95 — costing hundreds to the taxpayer — just in case new recruits do.

One serving NCO told The Sun last night: “It’s stupid officials being too PC again, spending money on pointless things rather than on the front line.”

New rules also excuse Muslim women from wearing skirts but the veil is still banned for practical reasons.

MoD chiefs hope to attract more Muslim women, prized due to their rare, natural cover.
Earlier this year squaddies in Iraq were forced to buy their own kit.